VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Test

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a VA hearing test today. I am not as bad as my wife thought. It seems that would be a very easy test to fake. I had nothing to gain or lose. I have mild hearing loss in the upper range.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

RickB

You may be dumb enough to think I am advocating putting in false claims, but I clearly was not. It is an easy test to fake. The thing is that even if you are as deaf as a post you have to have a nexus. So you can fake a hearing test but that does not mean you have the basis for a claim. If you go into a clinic 30 years after some exposure and you are have a hearing loss there are many alternative reasons for deafness. Why don't you think before you make dumb statements like that about me. I don't need to make false claims and I never made a false claim but I am not blind to chinks in the VA system.

Rick,

I think John is only stating his opinion here and I certainly do not judge him to be an advocate of filing false claims, nor his opinion to be suggestive of vets doing that.

John,

" I had a VA hearing test today. I am not as bad as my wife thought. It seems that would be a very easy test to fake. I had nothing to gain or lose. I have mild hearing loss in the upper range. "

Only my opinion - since I do realize, most every human lives in a house made of glass.

carlie

Guest DON20906

It's not easy to fake because audiologists are trained to look for it. If the audiologist thinks someone is cheating, he or she will merely play the same tones that were ignored again randomly to see if the patient remembers which ones the button wasn't pushed on.

John said:

It seems that would be a very easy test to fake.

I think you are wrong... it is not an easy test to fake, that is unless you want to look stupid....I think it is very easy for the tester to detect a lier....Why would you want to cheat anyway that is unless you planed on putting in false claim?

Statements like yours piss me off becaue it tends to make those with a real hearing loss look bad.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe VA audiologist are trained and tought that veterans fake claims ,so they may check but most don't do that because they don't suspect people of trying to fake hearing loss. Unless you are as deaf as a post you will probably not get any significant compensation. Personally, I don't need it since I am already at 100%. My test lasted all of 5 minutes and all I did was raise my hand when I heard something. It was not a C&P exam. I just wanted to know if I had a hearing loss. It still seems to me that this test would be easy to fake if one had a mind to fake it. I don't have that mindset plus I don't want to wear a hearing aide. That is all I am going to say about it. Above all you have to have a nexus and that is why most hearing loss claims fail and not because their is or is not hearing loss. You need to read before you start foaming at the mouth, Rick. I AM NOT ADVOCATING FAKING HEARING LOSS CLAIMS. If that is not good enough for you they then ##$# YOU!

Guest DON20906

I believe you, john999!

I believe VA audiologist are trained and tought that veterans fake claims ,so they may check but most don't do that because they don't suspect people of trying to fake hearing loss. Unless you are as deaf as a post you will probably not get any significant compensation. Personally, I don't need it since I am already at 100%. My test lasted all of 5 minutes and all I did was raise my hand when I heard something. It was not a C&P exam. I just wanted to know if I had a hearing loss. It still seems to me that this test would be easy to fake if one had a mind to fake it. I don't have that mindset plus I don't want to wear a hearing aide. That is all I am going to say about it. Above all you have to have a nexus and that is why most hearing loss claims fail and not because their is or is not hearing loss. You need to read before you start foaming at the mouth, Rick. I AM NOT ADVOCATING FAKING HEARING LOSS CLAIMS. If that is not good enough for you they then ##$# YOU!

Geez! Talk about folks acting like a bunch of little girls......don't forget to dot the I's and cross the T's because all of that is so very important!!!