VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Training Guide 6/14/2010

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Good link-thanks-

They are using Harrison's Principles of Medicine (page 13) so that quote from Harrison's as to ischemic heart disease covers a lot of ground.

I hope vets with IHD dont have to send the quote to the VA (but it could be used as evidence of VA says their type of CAD is not ischemic) and that the raters will comprehend what this means.

Berta that is true but what is also very interesting down a little further in the IHD part is that old MI's and old bypasses will also mean a rating of at least 60%.

This is going to help a lot of vets with their claims. Go get it!

Yes I sure hope so!

Don't get me wrong-I feel every AO exposed vet with heart disease should get comped under these new regs.

But I guess after dealing with VA for over 2 decades now- I don't trust them to even follow their own training letters.

I was surprised to learn that there are forms of non ischemic CAD.I found more on the net today on these types of heart disease.

BUT the information you posted seems to cover many many vets if not all of them with AO induced CAD and IHD.

I am very concerned too that these claims are part of the new "automated" claims idea that VA is going to use.

Then again if an automated computer can read medical records maybe the C & Ps in the future could be done by a PC . ???

It is the C & P exam itself that can make or break an award.Since so many vets do succeed with their claims in spite of lousy C & P results-that goes to show the docs dont really do the C & P exams well at all nor take the tme to really understand the claim.

One thing for sure is that NVLSP will be somehow monitoring these claims due to Nehmer.If VA starts to manipulate the definition of IHD they will pounce on VA -I am sure.

Stillhere posted the VA AO training guide in June I think and it is better version than what I posted-

http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/NehmerTrainingGuide.pdf

or if it is the same thing it pays to keep this info readily in the forefront in this topic.