VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Do You Veterans Wait? Tell Me, What Are You Waiting For?

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have, over the last couple months, heard several of our new (and some not so new) Hadit members make statements such as "We're waiting, and as soon as we get an increase in my disability percentage well, then we're going to file for TDIU."

REALLY?

GEE?

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? NO, REALLY, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

If you even have the hint of possible success in filing for TDIU, DO NOT WAIT for some other increase, or whatever. JUST FILE your form 21-8940. BECAUSE YOU ARE COSTING YOURSELF MONEY. SERIOUS MONEY!

After all, when you file the proper form, you ARE filing for an increase. If you do NOT file the "proper form" then the VA is not going to "inferr" that you qualify for TDIU.

COME ON FOLKS!

SHEEESH!

I've added up the number of folks on here in the last couple months, plus the folks that I have coming to me OUTSIDE of the HAdit Forum and I've counted 11 people that I remember.

ELEVEN. THAT I KNOW OF.

And, most do not and will not, file for the proper EED.............geeee, just look at all the money you saved the VA. I, for one, am proud of you...................... :blink:

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

One reason vets don't apply for IU is because they use VSO's who never tell them to file. On the other hand, the VA and VSO will tell a vet his % is not high enough even if he is on SSD for the SC condition. I never heard of TDIU until I got to Hadit.

Well I am 60% service connected and having pending claims for Sleep Apnea and IHD and CAD. The only problem is I am still working and can't quit unless I am 100% TDIU. So it is a vicious cycle and I am not sure what I should do. I am having a lot of trouble at work due to my disablities and have alot of trouble staying awake with my 70 mile commute in the morning. Any suggestions?:blush: Edb

Carlie,

The 140 mile comlmute is part of the problem, My sleep apnea Doctor told me not to drive it because It was too dangerous since I almost fall asleep dailty. I can't find a job any closer and due to my disablilties I am having trouble keeping this job, but I really can't afford to quit and wait on the VA to increase me to TDIU.happy.gif

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie,

The 140 mile comlmute is part of the problem, My sleep apnea Doctor told me not to drive it because It was too dangerous since I almost fall asleep dailty. I can't find a job any closer and due to my disablilties I am having trouble keeping this job, but I really can't afford to quit and wait on the VA to increase me to TDIU.happy.gif

Ed,

I have a suggestion. I know that I did this for years, while I could still work.

I don't know what town in Oklahoma that you work, but, I'd be willing to wager that there is, somewhere in town, a little old widow lady that has a room to let.

This might actually be a solution:

1. You'd cut down on your drive everyday, thereby saving the wear and tear on your vehicle and the 7 - 9 gallons of gas (8 X $2.50 = $20 each day).

2. You'd save killing yourself, not to mention the Momma, Daddy and 3 kids in the car that you are going to hit when you fall asleep at the wheel.

3. You'd save your job, by being able to sleep more and being able to drive just a few blocks instead of an hour and half, each morning.

4. You'd save your family, by being able to be with them after having had a good week at work and a good night's sleep.

Hey, this old okie didn't get this old by accident.......................just sayin'..........