• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Why Do You Veterans Wait? Tell Me, What Are You Waiting For?

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have, over the last couple months, heard several of our new (and some not so new) Hadit members make statements such as "We're waiting, and as soon as we get an increase in my disability percentage well, then we're going to file for TDIU."

REALLY?

GEE?

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? NO, REALLY, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

If you even have the hint of possible success in filing for TDIU, DO NOT WAIT for some other increase, or whatever. JUST FILE your form 21-8940. BECAUSE YOU ARE COSTING YOURSELF MONEY. SERIOUS MONEY!

After all, when you file the proper form, you ARE filing for an increase. If you do NOT file the "proper form" then the VA is not going to "inferr" that you qualify for TDIU.

COME ON FOLKS!

SHEEESH!

I've added up the number of folks on here in the last couple months, plus the folks that I have coming to me OUTSIDE of the HAdit Forum and I've counted 11 people that I remember.

ELEVEN. THAT I KNOW OF.

And, most do not and will not, file for the proper EED.............geeee, just look at all the money you saved the VA. I, for one, am proud of you...................... :blink:

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

One reason vets don't apply for IU is because they use VSO's who never tell them to file. On the other hand, the VA and VSO will tell a vet his % is not high enough even if he is on SSD for the SC condition. I never heard of TDIU until I got to Hadit.

I guess I am one of the very lucky ones my county vso told me to file as soon as possible. he also told me that the 70% thing is bs he has seen people awarded tdiu at below 50%. he said the 70% is the standard but it is not written in stone. "If you can not work, you can not work and should apply for tdiu".

Edited by conserve

My husband, Rockman is @70%.

He has 10% for the shrapnel-lower back

60% for AO IHD &

30% for PTSD.

He will be thru working sometime in July. He was going to file for it on the first day following his last working day. Then he will have used up his leave hours. He is only working 2 days a week now. With his PTSD and his heart, he cannot work more than that.

He goes back to his heart doc in 2 weeks. If his heart has gotten worse, he was going to send in new evidence to see if they will up his percentage. Should he do that now and then follow it up with the 8940 form?

He is also going ask for his PTSD%. to be increased.

Is this the right way he should do this or wait and file all together?

Thanking you in advance for any replies,

Mrs. Rockman

• HadIt.com Elder

60% for AO IHD &

30% for PTSD.

He will be thru working sometime in July. He was going to file for it on the first day following his last working day. Then he will have used up his leave hours. He is only working 2 days a week now.

Mrs. Rockman

Rockman is most fortunate to have you as his advocate.

jmho... Why wait??

60% for AO IHD &

30% for PTSD.

He will be thru working sometime in July. He was going to file for it on the first day following his last working day. Then he will have used up his leave hours. He is only working 2 days a week now. With his PTSD and his heart, he cannot work more than that.

He goes back to his heart doc in 2 weeks. If his heart has gotten worse, he was going to send in new evidence to see if they will up his percentage. Should he do that now and then follow it up with the 8940 form?

He is also going ask for his PTSD%. to be increased.

Is this the right way he should do this or wait and file all together?

Thanking you in advance for any replies,

Mrs. Rockman

He should file for both together and do it now by the time it gets moving in the system he will not be working anymore. IMHO

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By MileHigh
      If I were to get a job where  I was considered a Virtual Employee(with a big company) and Worked from my home. Is that considered a "sheltered environment"? Meaning would I get in trouble for working from home and make more than the poverty threshold?

Thank you Scott 

• By UpToHere
      I accept asknod’s points:
      1. Only the Secretary can award ER.
      2. There’s no way to appeal a *denied* ER petition.
      3. There’s no way to file an NOD for a denied ER petition.
      4. There’s no way to file a Writ at the Court.
      5. ER is a one-shot deal that’s not appealable.
      Nevertheless, I have a question:
      When VA provides its rationale for denying a petition for ER, and a review of the record unequivocally demonstrates VA misstated the record, is there a way other than NOD, CUE, Writ, or, Appeal, to urge VA to revisit its denial?
      To put this question another way:
      When VA cites the record to support its rationale for denying a petition for ER, and a review of the record unequivocally demonstrates VA *misstated* the record, can a petitioner invoke the Administrative Procedure Act, to prod VA to revisit its denial?
      “Administrative law” may sound like a boring subject, but it isn’t. It’s both fascinating and, in the 73-year history of the Administrative Procedure Act, more important than ever for providing the legal structure in which encounters between citizens and their government take place. The Administrative Procedure Act doesn’t tell the government what to do. It simply requires that actions of federal agencies be supported by reasoned decision-making. When challenged, agencies have to provide explanations that are plausible and consistent rather than “arbitrary and capricious.”
      https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/21/opinion/sunday/Supreme-Court-DACA-Trump-taxes.html
    • By Derrick stafford
      I am rated at 70%, 10% for each knee, 20% for right shoulder and 50% for  Depression and alcohol abuse due to chronic pain.  I also receive social security disability. Does anyone think I should try and get TDIU. VSO stated that I may get denied and even have my rating lower.
    • By slangpdx
      Asking if a TDIU filing can be rescinded by the vet before a ruling.  No editorial comments please, just asking for a yes or no from someone who knows for sure. 
    • By daniel rendon
      i just got 100% disability and i am trying to find out where to get a card or is there a card that will show i am 100% disabled.  do i need this to use the commissary?
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines