VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Do You Veterans Wait? Tell Me, What Are You Waiting For?

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have, over the last couple months, heard several of our new (and some not so new) Hadit members make statements such as "We're waiting, and as soon as we get an increase in my disability percentage well, then we're going to file for TDIU."

REALLY?

GEE?

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? NO, REALLY, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

If you even have the hint of possible success in filing for TDIU, DO NOT WAIT for some other increase, or whatever. JUST FILE your form 21-8940. BECAUSE YOU ARE COSTING YOURSELF MONEY. SERIOUS MONEY!

After all, when you file the proper form, you ARE filing for an increase. If you do NOT file the "proper form" then the VA is not going to "inferr" that you qualify for TDIU.

COME ON FOLKS!

SHEEESH!

I've added up the number of folks on here in the last couple months, plus the folks that I have coming to me OUTSIDE of the HAdit Forum and I've counted 11 people that I remember.

ELEVEN. THAT I KNOW OF.

And, most do not and will not, file for the proper EED.............geeee, just look at all the money you saved the VA. I, for one, am proud of you...................... :blink:

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

And, I'm sorry if I come on a "little strong". I really am.

And, I'm NOT mad at you, the veteran. OH NO, not at all.

BUT, I am soooo incensed at all the PEOPLE that claim to be "trying to help" the veteran, and yet, they SIT on these veterans' TDIU claims........oh yeah, they want you to WAIT to file for TDIU, wait until you get to some sacred percentage point BEFORE you file. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT. HELL, haven't YOU been WAITING ENOUGH? After all, THIS IS THE VA that we're talking about, RIGHT?

If you wait LONNNNNNG ENOUGH, who knows, you may even NOT LIVE LONG ENOUGH to receive what the Congress of the United States of America intended for YOU to receive.

FILE THAT TDIU CLAIM..........What is the worst that can happen?

They can deny you (NO, contrary to popular belief, they CAN'T shoot you!).

So, they deny you, even though you can't work, haven't been able to work (TWELVE YEARS, MY G-D!, I'm STILL trying to deal with that one!).

What have you DONE by going ahead and filing for TDIU, even though you MAY get turned down?

YOU HAVE ESTABLISHED AN UN-DENIABLE "EARLIEST EFFECTIVE DATE"! AND, WE TALKIN' REAL MONEY HERE, BOUYS AND GULLS! LOTS AND LOTS OF REAL MONEY!

now, I'm through, at least for this evening...........I'm gonna go smoke a side of ribs! and have an adult beverage...................

I agree with Larryjj.

Hindsite is 20/20 and I wished that I had known I could file for this when I first orignally applied. But, this will help those who "now" know.

Good post, larryj.

Gardener

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Larryjj.

Hindsite is 20/20 and I wished that I had known I could file for this when I first orignally applied. But, this will help those who "now" know.

Good post, larryj.

Gardener

Thank you, thank you, thank you. My Wife Thanks you, and my Children thank you.

I'd like to thank the Members of The Board, my Producers and all the little people that shelled out money to see my latest display of insensitivity.

:biggrin:

Question--

I was awarded a 70% ptsd with depression and polysubsance abuse. and also given 100% individual unemployability back in August 2009.

should I ask for TDIU - pt?? Just askin: Sounds like mabe i should.