VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Dollars

Rate this question

dannydad

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

i remember seeing discussion about approval levels for high dollar awards . can any one point the way for me---where can i find them??????

I'm not sure but what it sounds like you're talking about is SMC. It can be found on the VA web page when you pull up the pay chart.

Bergie

I'm not sure but what it sounds like you're talking about is SMC. It can be found on the VA web page when you pull up the pay chart.

Bergie

no bergie ,,before the issue the award ,if it is going to pay the vet high bucks it has to be reviewed and approved by those in higher positions in the va

no bergie ,,before the issue the award ,if it is going to pay the vet high bucks it has to be reviewed and approved by those in higher positions in the va

Wow, I was way off on that one. Sorry I misunderstood your question. :wacko:

i remember seeing discussion about approval levels for high dollar awards . can any one point the way for me---where can i find them??????

dannydad,

I think your referring to this.

The Court of Veterans claims, about a year or so ago, ruled that it is illegal for the VA to run Veterans through the ringer again on "large retro" awards..that is over 10years or more than $250,000. (They did require multiple signatures prior to this case).

Basically, a Veteran with a Large retro like this has been delayed for EVER, and does not deserve to be delayed even more by "running the claim by as many big shots as possible" to see if the can figure out how to deny or reduce it.

I agree with the CAVC.

If the VA wants to "audit" claims (check for accuracy), they should not "pick on" large retros...a denied claim also deserves to be audited to check for accuracy.

Kind of what they are saying its ok to deny a deserving Veteran of his benefits, but if one is accidently paid that does not fully deserve it, the VA employee is in deep do do.