VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I would like to say congrats to all fellow vets.

I recently underwent my C&P exam on July 8, 2010 everything went well with the exam. On July 9th I received my civilain medical records and I need to submit / add them to my packet. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I want to add these documents before the board makes there ruling...

Thanks

vet2010

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have completed all transition breifings at this time. I do have a rep for the moment however I am moving to Georgia in 3 days, I will locate a rep as soon as I hit the ground. I spoke to the VAMC in KS where the exam took place, the records office told to me bring a copy of my civilian records that I wanted to add and they would add them for me she told me to this within the next couple of days. She also stated that my C&P exam has not been written up yet. Did she give me the correct info or was she pulling my leg?

thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

I have completed all transition breifings at this time. I do have a rep for the moment however I am moving to Georgia in 3 days, I will locate a rep as soon as I hit the ground. I spoke to the VAMC in KS where the exam took place, the records office told to me bring a copy of my civilian records that I wanted to add and they would add them for me she told me to this within the next couple of days. She also stated that my C&P exam has not been written up yet. Did she give me the correct info or was she pulling my leg?

thanks

What the young lady told you sounds "plausible". It often takes a couple weeks for exams to be entered into the system. You must make a habit of getting, keeping and filing EVERYthing related to your VA experience, starting with you medical file(s). Make sure and get COMPLETE copies of your SMR's (service medical records) and any and all civilian medical records. MAKE SURE, that when you move to Georgia, that you carry everything with you, on your person, do not rely upon the VA to actually get it right and transfer all your info "in-house" (internally). Go to your nearest VA Regional Office when you get to Georgia and hand-carry your files and get a date-stamped receipt showing what you gave them, with a signature of the VA personnel receiving this information. Trust me on this, okay? Then, go directly to your nearest VA Medical Center (or CBOC (Community-Based Outpatient Clinic)), fill out a 10-10EZ, if you haven't already, and get set up for your VA medical care.

Then go fishin'

or BBQ a goat, or sumpthin' (I'm known Worldwide (well, maybe just in S. Louisiana) as a GOOD meat smoker).

June is festival time is South Louisiana, and when you hear the music and smell delicious food coming from clouds of smoke, then it's Le Festivale de la Viande Boucanee, better known as the SMOKED MEAT FESTIVAL. This two day event, promoted by Chapter 632 of the Vietnam Veterans of America, is held on the last full weekend of June each year in the "Smoked Meat Capital of the World", Ville Platte, Louisiana.

Le Festivale de la Viande Boucanee or the Smoked Meat Festival is the pride and joy of its founders, the members of Evangeline Area Chapter #632, Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA).

To truly understand and appreciate this unique festival, one must look back to the melding of a group of men and women who shared a very strong common bond. A bond formed while serving in the military as they defended God and country during a very difficult time in American history.

Even before the idea of the festival was thought of, Mr Harry Albert, State VVA President, urged local Vietnam Veterans for form a chapter in 1991. In Febuary of 1992, the first meeting was held and by August, the group recieved its offical charter.

The festival was conceived from one veteran's dream to host a festival that would showcase our Cajun heritage, friendly people, delicious foods,toe-tapping music and natural beauty of the region which includes Chicot State Park, Louisiana's largest park. In turn, tourism of the area was boosted, promotion of area delicacies, financial profits going back to the community and most importantly, community pride.

The dream became a reality in June 1993 when the first Le Festivale de la Viande Boucanee was celebrated. Since then it has flourished because of its unique commodities and 'get up and dance music'.

Music begins Friday night and continues until the festival closes. Renowed entertainers have included The Bellamy Brothers, John Anderson, T.G. Sheppard, Janie Fricke, Percy Sledge, Doug Stone, Billy Joe Royal, John Conlee, T. Graham Brown, Mel McDaniel, Joe Stampley, B.J. Thomas, Wayne Toups, Jo El Sonnier and rock n' roll favorite, Na Na Sha.

Festival highlights include the World Championship Smoked Meat Cookoff for amateurs and professionals. The backyard cooks and the professionals are equal to the task of preparing meats in varied and imaginative ways, each using their own special seasonings and methods of smoking the meat. The cook off is open to any kind of dish using smoked meat, such as sausage, tasso, pounce bouree', deer, pig, rabbit, even fish. Festival guests enjoy entree samples sold at individual booths and hear a little bit of bragging from last year's champions. Enjoy the highly competitive "best decorated booth" race, arts and crafts booths, beauty pageants, and local artisans.

Saturday's opening ceremonies honor all veterans who have served our country and remember our fallen comrades from the Vietnam War. Bagpipes, color quard salutes, F-15 jet fly overs, and patriotic quest speakers will touch your heart in this emotional ceremony. It will give your Fouth of July celebrations new meaning!

All proceeds from the festival are put back into the community and parish through funding of charitable, civic, and community projects, and providing financial assistance to needy individuals and families.

Come and join us, put some "joie de vive" in your life at the SMOKED MEAT FESTIVAL where you'll hear great music, eat fabulous food and find friendly, smiling faces everywhere.

Remember, it's the last full weekend in June and we promise you and your family and friends a "Smokin' Good Time!!!"

.Content copyright 2010. Smoked Meat Festival. All rights reserved.

Y'all come on down next June. I'll cook for ya.