VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Newly Diagnosed

Rate this question

Guest fedupinpa

Question

Guest fedupinpa

I have been getting the Va run around for years, I filed a PTSD claim in 2002 and was denied, went through all steps, NOD, etc, end result denial and diagnosed with other diagnoses like anxiety disorder etc. I was Diagnosed with PTSD from civilian psychiatrist, was medicated and counselled.

Had another exam in 2005 and again in 2006 and once again they danced around it and called it anxiety, etc.

Anyway on 6/29/2010

I had an exam and here was the result

Axis I: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Recurrent, Moderate.

Axis II: No Diagnosis

Axis III: Various listed, I am only concerned with current right now

Axis IV: Relationship issues with family and supervisor at work, extreme discomfort interacting with other individuals, and ongoing poor quality of sleep that impacts her day to day functioning.

Axis V: GAF 51

Goes on explaining that GAF was determined diagnoses of PTSD alone, her diagnosis of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder alone, her diagnosis of Major Depressive Disorder alone or all three in any combination. Goes on to state that he believes that all three diagnoses are the direct result of her military service in Iraq.

The entire exam is 7 pages long and he disects the other two exams through out the narrative implying through out that it should have been diagnosed as PTSD, he also stated during the exam that it should have been done a long time ago.

So my questions are:

What percentage could I possibly be looking at?

Should it be back dated to 2002 when I filed for the original claim? How will the date of the decision be determined?

Since a VA Psych finally diagnosed it in a comp and pension exam am I guarenteed a rating?

I thank you in advance for your time and help here. Great site.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Most on Hadit know that the Suspense Date is VA fiction. It is an internal thing that they VA uses and all it means is that by the suspense date the VA will check to see where progress is and the C file. I had suspense date after suspense date while my file sat with many others on a vacant desk.

That said the VA is getting better and I do detect there is a push to finish claims. I filed April 16, 2010 and had my C&P yesterday.

• HadIt.com Elder

Most on Hadit know that the Suspense Date is VA fiction. It is an internal thing that they VA uses and all it means is that by the suspense date the VA will check to see where progress is and the C file. I had suspense date after suspense date while my file sat with many others on a vacant desk.

That said the VA is getting better and I do detect there is a push to finish claims. I filed April 16, 2010 and had my C&P yesterday.

Pete, you need to stop by the ROI if you haven't by 10AM Tues.

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA doc (psych. doc) during a comp exam states that the veterans issues are directly related, how would this get passed the board of appeals? Even if they would deny it at local level, you would think the bva would look at reasonable doubt and the diagnosis and reports state that they feel it is directly related, they would almost have to be granted right?

fedup I think you know by now what most of us know reasonable doubt in the VARO means they doubt any veteran is telling them the truth the VA's definition and normal peoples definitions are 2 different things

you HAVE to connect the dots for them letting them assume anything does work out to make a ass/u/me they will make that word mean exactly what it spells out make an azz out of them or you and they don't care about what we think about them

I don't think these "new rules" on PTSD is going to make any claim "easier" to get approved until I see a solid history of "easier" claims I am going to not hold my breath that claims that have been denied before will all of a sudden get approved I just don't see it but maybe hell will freeze over one day

The psychologist I had was also a desert storm vet, when the exam was done he said that he would write me a good report and I think that he covered all the new requirements that the va expects for a claim.