VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Medical Records?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I did not see this question asked so thought I would and see where this goes. I am 61 and filing for SSDI because of this last disability added I have just had enough and finding it very tough to work. Or anything for that matter.

I am 60% heart (prior MI)

20% DM2

10% PN all hands/feet

50% PTSD

the PTSD is and has been the worse. Anyhow filled out and sent in the application and going to drop by medical records Monday or Tuesday.

my question do I just include medical from like 2003 forward or do I have to include as much as I have and then names of every doctor I have ever seen?

My health started to go south in 03 after a DX of DM2 so I was thinking of just sending from 03 to present?

how did you guys/dolls do it?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Stillhere,

When I created my hubby's claim, I included medical documentation back quite aways. HOWEVER, SS is interested in if you are capable of working or not so I think if you concentrated on using the O*Net online job description breakdown to show the areas you are unable to work now, you might be more in line with criteria of SS. I think that ended up more helpful for my hubby than going back to your beginnings. :)

If you can show deterioration of your working ability and back it up with medical documentation, you could demonstrate how your abilities have become negligible.

Hope that helps.

fanaticbooks

Edited by fanaticbooks

• HadIt.com Elder

I did not see this question asked so thought I would and see where this goes. I am 61 and filing for SSDI because of this last disability added I have just had enough and finding it very tough to work. Or anything for that matter.

I am 60% heart (prior MI)

20% DM2

10% PN all hands/feet

50% PTSD

the PTSD is and has been the worse. Anyhow filled out and sent in the application and going to drop by medical records Monday or Tuesday.

my question do I just include medical from like 2003 forward or do I have to include as much as I have and then names of every doctor I have ever seen?

My health started to go south in 03 after a DX of DM2 so I was thinking of just sending from 03 to present?

how did you guys/dolls do it?

And I know that you have filed for TDIU when you received your heart or PTSD percentage ratings.....and you are getting your $2800 a month for your TDIU. Good. That's good. Because some folks are kinda "slow" if ya get my drift.

See there, I just KNEW that I'd find someone THIS very week, that has filed for TDIU, using the proper VA form #21-8940 and that is now receiving the money due them!

I feel better already.

just sayin............................

......and the goat is done and quite tasty!

• HadIt.com Elder

stillhere,

my attorney gave me a form for my Dr to fill out after an examination. My dr reviewed all my past medical records & determined I couldn't perform even sedantary work.

This is what got my claim approved.

i hope I do not have to go the attorney route and this can be done as easily as it should be. Thanks for the responses and as I have most of my records from VA and one of my other doctors I will give them copies of those and let them get the rest.

I am 61 so I am only 1 year a head of my date for SSA so I hope this does not get held up.

• HadIt.com Elder

i hope I do not have to go the attorney route and this can be done as easily as it should be. Thanks for the responses and as I have most of my records from VA and one of my other doctors I will give them copies of those and HOPE they get the rest.

I am 61 so I am only 1 year a head of my date for SSA so I hope this does not get held up.

I got my award for 100% shedular from the VA in the form of an email and money in the bank. I am waiting to go to the SS until I have that paper work. Hope it comes today.