VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Medical Records?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I did not see this question asked so thought I would and see where this goes. I am 61 and filing for SSDI because of this last disability added I have just had enough and finding it very tough to work. Or anything for that matter.

I am 60% heart (prior MI)

20% DM2

10% PN all hands/feet

50% PTSD

the PTSD is and has been the worse. Anyhow filled out and sent in the application and going to drop by medical records Monday or Tuesday.

my question do I just include medical from like 2003 forward or do I have to include as much as I have and then names of every doctor I have ever seen?

My health started to go south in 03 after a DX of DM2 so I was thinking of just sending from 03 to present?

how did you guys/dolls do it?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Got the paper work in the mail today! I am a little in disbelieve I was awarded 100% P%T for my heart and because my other SC conditions come up to over 60% I was awarded House Bound! Which I am particularly today with a temp of 96 outside!

This has been a battle and I hope my heart can hold out for a few more years! I was granted all the benefits that go along with it free dental/education/champus for the wife. This is really going to help me enjoy the rest of my life I hope.

I am going to post a question in the general forum and would like some opinions.

Well did the application online for SS and I plan on going back down to the SS office and giving them my medical records and my letter of support for my claim. Patrick's self help guide. Will this be OK and will catch up with my file and be reviewed? Or have I screwed up by not submitting them with everything else?

• HadIt.com Elder

Well did the application online for SS and I plan on going back down to the SS office and giving them my medical records and my letter of support for my claim. Patrick's self help guide. Will this be OK and will catch up with my file and be reviewed? Or have I screwed up by not submitting them with everything else?

I'm trying to understand your question. Are you asking if it is to late to add more evidence to your Social Security claim? If so, then the answer is "no" it is not to late UNLESS they have already reached a decision on your SS claim (and, I have no way of knowing whether or not that is the case).

In Oregon my SSDI claim processing was handled by a 3rd party called Disability Determination Services.

I was able to get their phone number from SS and talk repeatedly to a supervisor there since my 'rater' wasn't available.

You may be able to do the same with your claim to find out about submitting additional info.

I wish you well, still here! :smile:

• HadIt.com Elder

The standard for SSD is that you have been disabled for at least 6 months and will be disabled for at least one year. When SSD means disabled they mean you can't do a damn thing. Being 100% and housebound should do it for you.