VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Medical Records?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I did not see this question asked so thought I would and see where this goes. I am 61 and filing for SSDI because of this last disability added I have just had enough and finding it very tough to work. Or anything for that matter.

I am 60% heart (prior MI)

20% DM2

10% PN all hands/feet

50% PTSD

the PTSD is and has been the worse. Anyhow filled out and sent in the application and going to drop by medical records Monday or Tuesday.

my question do I just include medical from like 2003 forward or do I have to include as much as I have and then names of every doctor I have ever seen?

My health started to go south in 03 after a DX of DM2 so I was thinking of just sending from 03 to present?

how did you guys/dolls do it?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm trying to understand your question. Are you asking if it is to late to add more evidence to your Social Security claim? If so, then the answer is "no" it is not to late UNLESS they have already reached a decision on your SS claim (and, I have no way of knowing whether or not that is the case).

Yeah that is the question Larry sorry I wasn't that clear. The first time I went down to the office I took the form for my medical records release and I saw a clerk and she said I do not have to bring my medical records but. I plan to take all that I have to them either Monday/Tuesday and want to make sure it gets reviewed.

I just filed so I don't it has been granted.

I also thought there was a program being started where if the VA deemed you 100% and or IU that the SS was going to go by that and we would not have to have other medical records. Guess that did not happen?? To easy!

Yeah that is the question Larry sorry I wasn't that clear. The first time I went down to the office I took the form for my medical records release and I saw a clerk and she said I do not have to bring my medical records but. I plan to take all that I have to them either Monday/Tuesday and want to make sure it gets reviewed.

I just filed so I don't it has been granted.

I also thought there was a program being started where if the VA deemed you 100% and or IU that the SS was going to go by that and we would not have to have other medical records. Guess that did not happen?? To easy!

I"d say you were a slam dunk for SSDI