• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Available Subscriptions

oldman273

Ptsd Nexus For Agrivation Of Sc Hypertension

Question

Hello Up late again Had a question. I have been looking up claim history and cmae up with a question someone may have an Idea about. I have SC hypertension and am also SC for migraines secondary to Hypertension. What I thought of last week I got upset and bam I had my usual migraine followed by a good bit of sickness. Being I am not a medical Doc I cannot make this tie in is there any way to come up with a nexus between the two? My PTSD is not servce connected but the other 2 are SC. I am still waiting on several claims but the hypertension is from way back during service in the 1980s. I always have these crazy High Blood pressure reading during a migraine and the symptoms are the same after I get upset if I cannot get myself calmed down. Any ideas or your thoughts I really do not think the VA needs another claim into the system I try not to foul up the system. Adios and have a good day....

5 answers to this question

Hello Up late again Had a question. I have been looking up claim history and cmae up with a question someone may have an Idea about. I have SC hypertension and am also SC for migraines secondary to Hypertension. What I thought of last week I got upset and bam I had my usual migraine followed by a good bit of sickness. Being I am not a medical Doc I cannot make this tie in is there any way to come up with a nexus between the two? My PTSD is not servce connected but the other 2 are SC. I am still waiting on several claims but the hypertension is from way back during service in the 1980s. I always have these crazy High Blood pressure reading during a migraine and the symptoms are the same after I get upset if I cannot get myself calmed down. Any ideas or your thoughts I really do not think the VA needs another claim into the system I try not to foul up the system. Adios and have a good day....

The title of your post is PTSD nexus for aggrivation of SC'd HTN. You state that your PTSD is not SC'd therefor you have no claim. If your PTSD were SC'd than yes it could aggrivate the HTN. But what's the point because if PTSD and HTN were both SC'd there is no claim to be filed.

Regards,

Bergie

Ad

I think that you could link it to hypertension so I would file its up to VA to sort it out.

When did you get PTSD? With new regs you may be able to get it connected.

When was the last rating for your migraines and the HBP?Are you claimed they have gotten worse?

You could claim that your SC HTN and migraines are "aggravating' your NSC PTSD.

There is plenty here under the search feature on claims awarded due to SC aggravation of a NSC condition. Somehow the VA tries to determine the level and then rate the level of aggravation.

It will take a strong medical opinion of the nexus to show your NSC PTSD has been made worse (thus aggravated) by SC causes.

The new regs (not yet posted-they might be published today by the VA. ) relax the PTSD stressor requirement for all Iraq and Afganistan vets.

I assume you have a documented diagnosis of PTSD and also treatment records.

Has the VA rated it yet under NSC conditions on any rating sheets you have with their decisions?

Edited by Berta

When was the last rating for your migraines and the HBP?Are you claimed they have gotten worse?

You could claim that your SC HTN and migraines are "aggravating' your NSC PTSD.

There is plenty here under the search feature on claims awarded due to SC aggravation of a NSC condition. Somehow the VA tries to determine the level and then rate the level of aggravation.

It will take a strong medical opinion of the nexus to show your NSC PTSD has been made worse (thus aggravated) by SC causes.

The new regs (not yet posted-they might be published today by the VA. ) relax the PTSD stressor requirement for all Iraq and Afganistan vets.

I assume you have a documented diagnosis of PTSD and also treatment records.

Has the VA rated it yet under NSC conditions on any rating sheets you have with their decisions?

Thanks I know myself but that is here nor there but I am going to talk with all 3 Nuerologist who have treated me about what their opinion is as well as my civillian Physc Doc. I made it clear to al of them I had trouble with my Headaches and Hypertension but the really crushing Migraines (blood Pressure through the roof ) result from getting upset to just coming on for no reason. I had an MRI of my head that showed all of these little dots or white sots it freaked the wife out she thought I had MS. Nuerologist told me that it was a result of prolonged hypertension. I was retired from my Civillian Job on account of Migraines and the PTSD PTSD of course non SC but the Migraines I thought since I was SC could be a reason to bring it in. as to the VA rated for NON SC PTSD My Gaf score last time was like 41 I think. If that is what rated means? I am getting ready to move overseas this fall so If I do not get it filled here I will do it through Manillia. My SC back has Artheritis so bad I can not stand the small winters here in South Carolina so I am heading to the equator LOL. I have friends there who let me stay with them over the winter. I have so many claims in now I just have to wait until they all get through then see what happens I guess? Any Ideas or thought s always apricitate the positive and negative it makes me think. Have a good day

PTSD has pretty much pushed me over the edge in many instances and I like have a few claims in and I think dealing with the VA does add to the aggravation.

The VA and SS seem to be finally putting 2 + 2 together and getting 4. If you suffer from a mental problem dealing with day to day life and circumstances are exasperated and will worsen other systems of the body.

Hypertension it self as I am sure you well know is capable of causing all kinds of problems.There also is a recent post on the board here where a poster was SC for aggravation of arthritis condition based on PTSD! Ask your neurologist about that too.

Good luck!

I don't mind going down hill to much as I age but I sure would like to slow it down a little!