VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Dangerous Is Bipolar Anxiety?

Rate this topic

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Bi-polar people have a much greater chance of kiling themselves than non bi-polar people. They may run wild in the manic state and when they come down and see the carnage they may get very depressed and want to off themselves. They tend to go from manic to depressed states. It used to be before drug therapy that manic people would actually die from exhaustion.

• HadIt.com Elder

"You just have to follow your doctor’s advice and positively motivate yourself to get rid of bipolar anxiety."

Well, gee whizz, and all this time all I had to do was to "positively motivate myself"!

WELL CRAP!

So my manic phases and my deep-down-in-the-ditch-of-life depression is all curable by "thinking positive thoughts"?

So, I think I'll just quit taking the medication that's been prescribed for me, and, instead, sit around with a silly-assed grin on my face until I pull out that .45 ACP and EAT THE BARREL!!!!

some of the crap that you read, some of the "experts" that write this stuff should be held accountable for the damage that they do, the deaths that they cause.............but, it ain't happening because we, as a society, want to be made to "feel good about ourselves". After all, all you have to do to overcome Major Depression and Mania is to "positively motivate yourself"!

Hey, you folks are now looking at a NEW ME......positively motivated to the height of motivation..........so positively motivated that I coulds just shit!

• HadIt.com Elder

The word maniac comes from people who were in severe manic states. These are the people they used to chain to the wall in mental institutions before the advent of drug therapy. Telling an anxious person to motivate themselves is like telling a severely depressed person to "cheer up". Emotional illness is still so misunderstood it ranks up there with the moral judgements even doctors make about people with chronic pain. People who suffer from certain groups of diseases are often blamed for their own illness. In years to come other generations will look back on us and think we were barbarians.

• HadIt.com Elder

For many yrs they just treated my bipolar with Paxil or Zoloft. It made me psychotic & spend most of my days working out how to end my life. I would go 3 days without sleeping sometimes. Was thinking I was completely insane and so was my wife.

I tried for over a decade to get VA nurses & PA's to do something about it, but it wasn't until I found a psychiatrist that knew about meds, prescribed depacote and cut out all the crap that was killing me.

I hope I never have to go back to what I was like in the past. Still don't have a perfict sleeping pattern or go completely without depression, but it's far better that what I used to be like.

Can we get by with just a good attitude? That's pure BS.

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry J

Most of my motivation comes on 1st of the month. I also am motivated when I welcome my grand kids and thankful when I say good bye. Less so for my kids but the same idea.

As far as someone telling me to get motivated not so much. I am a contarian most of the time by nature and desire.