VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Dangerous Is Bipolar Anxiety?

Rate this topic

I agree with the responses to the 'find your happy place' approach to this illness. They must be kidding! Did anyone with the actual disease have any input into this?? They have no idea what it's like to find yourself on a plane from Atlanta to Chicago (I did this in a moment of mania) looking for a new job, didn't bother with a hotel because I wasn't going to sleep, went through the next day then flew home only to realize I couldn't remember why I thought I needed to move myself and my family to Chicago in the first place. Spent the next 3 days in a dark room going through the 'valley'/downslide. Without the medication, I'm sure I wouldn't be a part of my family - my wife was at her wits end with the swings I put her and the kids through. I may feel a little less about everything; don't express much emotion on my face, but at least I'm not cycling anymore! Unbelievable... Thank god for better living through chemistry.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic