VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Rating

Rate this topic

Hello,

I am new to this forum and just have a question about the VA rating and how long it really takes. I am now a retired veteran from the Army & Marines. I was 2yrs shy of my 20yr retirement. I received a 80% permanant disability retirement rating. I did the BDD claim process and VA physicals back in March and i am still waiting on that rating. My DAV rep told me not to look for anything until around September. Just a couple weeks ago, i got a letter from the Compensation Rating Office. The letter said they are still processing my application for Compensation. We apologize for the delay. I have no idea why they wasted my time sending me that, lol. I called VA and they told me it was done and being reviewed at the Compensation level. Well its seems like its been in review for 3.5 months. Is that normal? Anyway i was just wondering what is the average nowadays for a rating to be received. Everyone knows you cant do anything until you get this rating. I wanted to see if i qualified for VocRehab and other VA medical. It is a good thing i have Tricare, or i would be in some serious trouble. In my case i need constant medical care and checkups. Im about to run out of my meds. The Army doc was kind of enough to give me an additional 90 day supply of my meds which are about to run out. My Va claim was two pages, i think i saw a total of 8 doctors during my VA physical.

Here is my list of major issues.

Brain Cancer, Renal Failure (im borderline for dialysis) , Stermastoid Fibrosis, Chronic Anemia/Leukopenia, Amnestic d/o secondary to brain cancer, Hypothyroidism, Sleep Apnea (CPAP), Hearing loss (thanks to being misdiagnosed) w hearing aids, Enstachian tubes (help drain fluid out of my inner ear), constant memory lapses/loss, lumbar back condition (cant stand longer than 15 mins w/o pain, Chronic Migranes, Salivary Gland secretion xerostoma ( lost my saliva gland to the radiation), vocal cord polyp Laryngeal d/o, Tinnitus, PTSD, Major Depression, Anxiety d/o. I have another list of minor 10% ratings but no need to list those. I applied for SSDI and was approved first time.

I really like this forum as it gives me a lot of info and answers.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

They seem to take their time. How long have they had your claim? You should get max schedular rateing and likely a SMC out of this, likely more than one SMC.

Hang in there.

J

They seem to take their time. How long have they had your claim? You should get max schedular rateing and likely a SMC out of this, likely more than one SMC.

Hang in there.

J

Hi J,

They have had my claim at the Compensation review board since April. Like i said they were kind enough to send me a letter telling me they apologize for the delay. Im doing my best to hang in there. Everything is in the hands of the VA, i cant work, and just got a letter from VocRehab telling me i dont qualify as they have no rating. I do have Tricare health coverage but just like the VA, once you are off AD you seem to get pushed to the back of the bus. I am receiving VA Medical and at first it seemed i was pushed to the side until they saw my Medical records. Now i have appointments on top of appointments. Nevertheless, i am happy to still be alive. I do have mood swings but i was informed that was a side effect from the cancer. Im never angry or disrespectful with the care i receive, because i know they are just doing there job. Thanks for all your help and comments.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

I'm in the same boat as you. My claim has been in 'review' since the middle of April. About every three months I receive the VA form letters. I used to periodically call the 1-800 number for a status, but recently started using www.ebenefits.va.gov to view my claim status. It is better than waiting on hold to talk with someone who has no clue.

Did you file your claim by yourself or did you go through a VSO?

Whatever you do, keep your appointments, especially any C&P appointments.

NEVER MISS A C&P APPOINTMENT UNLESS YOU ARE HOSPITALIZED

OR HAVE HAD A DEATH IN THE IMMEDIATE FAMILY.

IF THIS HAPPENS GET DOCUMENTATION TO PROVIDE COPIES TO VA.

And if this should happen have someone contact VA C&P scheduling ASAP.

Something is wrong here! My claim for increase was ready for review July 1 approved July 8th deposit July 14th. I would send an email or iris as they call their system and point blank ask what the hold up is!

If you do not get an answer you like call your congressman's office!

Good Luck!