VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decentralization Of Information

Rate this question

VET4LIFE

Question

I guess I am just chipper as can be!!!

I received a phone call last week (July 6th) asking for clarification of my claim.

The question posed was, "Are you claiming great (Big) toe numbness in your right foot and your injured ankle along with your L-4, L-5, S-1 back injury?"

My question was, "If I do, will I need to go back to Anchorage to get re-evaluated? I really don't think I can fly right now because I am in so much pain?"

The VSR's answer was, "Due to confidentiality I can not answer that?"

I then said, "I guess if that makes it easier for the rater I will claim them later." <<<<< Big Mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get a letter in the mail today stating that action on my claim has been stopped because I stated that I can not endure the airplane ride to Anchorage (1:45 hrs/min) to be re evaluated.

Well I guess tomorrow I get the C&P doc's notes, review my origional notes, go hunting in the regs, and finally write why they should open the case and that I will gladly comply with the 600 dollar plane ride and 50 dollars in cab ride (ducks in a row). I am glad I get to flush the tax money I have earned for the last 20 yrs down Alaska Airlines toilet. What a redicules waste of money. All because they could/ would not answer one simple question. I know I know ROI's and confidentiality I know the rules, but i does not mean I agree with them.

I am also requesting no transfer of information via telephone. I want it in writing from now on. I will ride in an airplane every day of the week I guess.

Heck I'll sleep in the stinking thing if thats what they want.

Well I guess I am done now. Any pointers or does my plan of action sound reasonable..... Well at least semi-reasonable???

P.S. Sorry for my flamboyance... Just kind of ticked and wanted to get it out before I write the VA tomorrow w/ a clear head.

OK where's the Advil???!!!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

"I get a letter in the mail today stating that action on my claim has been stopped because I stated that I can not endure the airplane ride to Anchorage (1:45 hrs/min) to be re evaluated."

Do they mean they stopped the toe numbness claim or the original claim which I assume you had C & P for?

Do you have a vet rep?

C & P was for my back.

They have stopped everything.

I do not need a vet rep.

I have had one good Vet Rep from Bath, NY, but he retired. He showed me many things.

The last one I tried to consult in Madison, NY tried hard enough, but did not seem to have to ability to articulate the claim correctly.

I had to rewrite it.

I know they can not do what they are doing and I have the education and time to find legal precedent to support my claim.

My former reps were from Bath NY-they did not support my last claim.

"I know they can not do what they are doing and I have the education and time to find legal precedent to support my claim"

Good -that is how I succeeded in my claims myself.

Strong medical evidence , 38 USC,38 CFR and M21-1MR and established VA case law.

VET- I'm sorry you're having to deal with this frustration on top of your afflictions.

BUT- if you think You've got it bad:

My last flight from Anchorage to Juneau the ticket said "Breakfast" so I skipped bringing along my usual sandwich.

Flight attendant handed me a cookie.

"Where's breakfast?!?"

'That's a breakfast cookie.'

"Okay- ya got me"..................THIS time............. Mua ha ha ha ha ha!

Hang tough with your claim!