VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vets Test Positive For Hiv/st.:ouis,mo

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The AP article linked to this shows the VA spin is alive and well---

I bet they will try to say the veteran had contracted HIV or Hep C in some way not related to the Dental clinic.

Any infected vet should sue them for Millions!

Thank you for the post,gdsnide.

Bob No problem & since I am one of the one's that may have been exposed to the mange I've been keeping a very close eye on this

Also, I keep asking myself if these blood tests are 100% & if its possible that one of these diseases may lay dormanant & not show up for some years

If I'm right what they are testing for is "Antibodies" that the body makes in defense of the disease but I keep asking myself " WHAT IF"

Also, another way to get to same site

Veterans test positive for HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C

One thing I do know is if one gets Hep C & does the only cure they have ( maybe work...maybe not) if it doesn't kill U will damn sure make U feel like it as long as U are doing the cure

Also, is it 100% proven every ones body reacts the same to these infections or what? I'm asking because I have no idea

GARY

Is there any recourse for any vets that may show up with this at a later date or will the VA stick with "We didn't cause it ?"

Which is what the VA will now claim with the Vets that are infected

I am going to watch this closely before I let the VA mess with my teeth. I wonder if this could be grounds to request that you get fee basis to use your own dentist and they have to shut theirs down just like the colon VAMC had to do??

• HadIt.com Elder

We don't know if this is just an isolated problem or something much more wide spread. If you use the VAMC at all you could be exposed to HIV or Hep C if they are doing things that are unsterile. We all get blood tests, flu shots, teeth cleaned, anything that breaks the skin. I go to get my teeth cleaned next week here in Tampa. I had blood work done last week. If they VA broke sterile procedures I probably got something bad by now. If any vet gets hep c or HIV from the criminals in St. Louis someone should go to jail. If they knowingly skipped safe guards and sterile procedures out of laziness or cheapness then some people should be in prison. I doubt the VA will give a vet fee base because of one situation in one VAMC unless you are at that VAMC in St. Louis. It does not hurt to ask for fee base on this account and report back on result.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This makes me wonder if my free VA dental care is really worth it...