VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase Denied

Rate this question

usmcfigdaddy

Question

I filed my claim in 02/09 for PTSD and tinitis .I think in 9/09 I was awarded 50% PTSD and no mention of tinitus .Took hearing test in 10/09 denied tinitus .I have 2 PH from Nam and one was a head wound??VSO with MOPH said file NOD for increase on PTSD and tinitus.Filed in 01/10..Received denial 07/08/10 with no mention on tinitus issue.Letter from VA enclosed an VA form 9 and instructions.Contacted MOPH on advice..Says she is real busy..Has opening for an appointment in couple of weeks.Wants me to come see her.I live 85 miles away 170 round trip.Unemployed for over a year..Having lots of trouble with moods.Please advise...---...

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

carlie I noticed you do clue research..I filed a nod should I have filed a clue?

usmc,

It's CUE (Clear and Unmistakable Error) not "clue".

If you are still within the one year time frame to file a NOD - then you don't have a ripe claim

to file a CUE claim on.

CUE's are filed on FINAL - UNAPPEALED DECISIONS.

Also, from what you've posted so far, I personally don't see anything that's CUE material.

usmcfigdaddy,first i would like to thank you for your service to your country,i read your C&P report and i really thank you deserve to be 100% precent service connected and i no you don't want to talk about vietnam,but to get what you deserve, you will have to tell va everything what happen to you in the nam, and how it effect you now remember the people that work for the va don't understand what the nam vet went through,you got two purple hearts and i no you went through a lot of hell,forget about your last C&P and and concetrate on nothing but what happen to you in vietnam (with the thousand yard stare) and i no you no where i am comming from and let them no that your medication is not helping you,i am a vietnam veteran and i never wanted to talk about my vietnam experiences until i find out that for me to get help and a increase in compensation i had to tell va everything that happen to me in vietnam and how it effected me.There are three things that you told them that hurt your rating.(1)You didn.t want to talk about your vietnam experiences.(2)You was depressed because your job was shut down.(3)you quick taking your medicine,and all of this was used against you.Just remember that vietnam is your problem and that whats va want to no. I hope this help.

mobie16r

usmc,

The Vet Centers are completely different than the VAMC's.

Most of them also have group therapy for RVN Vets.

That does not mean you have to go into a group and spill your guts or act crazy.

Sometimes being in a small group of people that have pretty much walked in your shoes,

lets you discuss things without feeling a bunch of pressure.

It's a very good place to have a second paper trail and it may offer you some relief

just being there.

Its all about telling the truth about your symptoms of post traumatic stress dis order,sometimes we don't want no one to no how we really feel and how VIETNAM effected us,but when it comes to trying to get a increase you got to let it all hang out and if you never been to the nam,you will never no.

mobie 16r

100% service connected

for ptsd since 2003