VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Omg Is This Real?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I sent in an Iris asking about my claim in June for increase and in it I said I had lost my job and the recommended that I fill out and send in the IU claim form.

I sent them back an answer asking when my claim would be finished and that I would send in the IU form when I got a chance. They said my claim was with the rater on July 1st.

Today I got an answer to that email:

Since you have been rated 100 percent service-connected, a claim for individual unemployability is moot.

Do you still request that we process a claim for you for this?

IS this REAL???? Oh my I am in total 100% shock!!

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Wow!!!! This is good news-

I just hope IRIS can read better then the 800 people.

Copy and save that Iris response! I am sure it is accurate and am just kidding about the literacy factor-

I am surprised that they sggested filling out the TDIU form but awarded the 100% instead. This is GREAT!

Thanks Berta and Larry,

Berta you have been a great help over the years and I doubt you remember but helped me with my first claim on my own!

Larry I am one of those vets that put off filing IU because I thought and wanted to keep working i still do but find that I just can't. Like I said I am in shock!

To answer your question Berta this claim has been in since Oct.09 and I was just about to give up on it and I lost my job in April tried to work again and failed. So when I sent them the iris in June in their answer they said I should have filed for IU.

Anyhow all well that ends well now it is time to see if I can get a few years out of this. The one thing about being 100% I feel like it. You can not imagine how long it takes me to do just the simple things.

Thanks MUCH!

Hey stillhere,

Great news!!! You should be getting a check in a couple of days - that's how long it took with me.