VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing A Nod Advice

Rate this question

TLaff

Question

I was awarded 20% for my cervical fusion and 10% for my lumbar in which they didn't even mention my thoracic which i have been seeing doctors for. I totally dis agree with the C/P examine because first I didnt even know it was a C/P examine until I got to the VA so here i am on anti-inflamatory and muscle relaxers getting my exam because i thought it was my annual check up. The doctor explains to me that she is new to giving C/P examines and i think i was her first. When doing the ROM she forced my head down with her hand causing me pain and popping like chewing on gristle to get the measurements she wanted. Allot of the measurements were eyeballed and most of everything she wrote in the report is not my answers. As stated above I've been going to a chiropractor in which after a few visits he took a ROM and his measurements were completely different than the C/P doctors. Further i have seen in forums where people have a rating of 40 and 50% for only degenerative disc disease and here is what all I have just in my Lumbar and only have a rating of 10%:

He has schuermann’s disease in his low back involving his L1-2, 2-3 and 4-5, He has an

Annular tear at his 4-5 (spinal stenosis, ruptured disc, intervertebral disc syndrome, sciatica, radiculopathy) which is most likely chronic in nature, degenerative disc disease and arthritis degenerative throughout his entire spine.

I need instructions on how to write my NOD I would like to say i totally disagree and if not increased then i wish another C/P examine by another Doctor and or location so its an unbiased exam. I will of course provide the chiropractors letter and ROM with my NOD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question