VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Va Medical Care

Rate this question

afoprtr

Question

My wife is 30% and is rated at 0% for Allergic Rhinitis. When she had her C&P exam they did an x-ray and found no blockage. I'm just wondering why they would do an x-ray when she was having no symptoms at the time? What I'd like to know if is there a way for her to go get seen at the VA whenever she has a flareup so the blockage can be seen at that time at the VA instead of at her primary care clinic.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

VA makes us all go to a Primary Care Physician. You might ask since it is service connected perhaps you could bypass but I doubt that they will let you.

• HadIt.com Elder

My wife is 30% and is rated at 0% for Allergic Rhinitis. When she had her C&P exam they did an x-ray and found no blockage. I'm just wondering why they would do an x-ray when she was having no symptoms at the time? What I'd like to know if is there a way for her to go get seen at the VA whenever she has a flareup so the blockage can be seen at that time at the VA instead of at her primary care clinic.

Yes, there is a way. Really it is quite simple:

Go to the VA Medical Center Emergency Room........tell them that her Allergic Rhinitis is really acting up and that she is having trouble breathing....to the point that she is suffering from lack of oxygen and is getting ready to pass out.........(well, you don't REALLY have to tell them about the "passing out" part, UNLESS she really is getting light-headed, but..........hey, whatever works at the time is whatever it takes at the time!).

Found this....

Veterans who have one or more service-connected disabilities as determined by the VA are eligible for medical care through the VA health care system. If you are interested in obtaining VA medical care, you may contact your nearest VA health care facility or the VA Health Revenue Center at 1-877-222-8387.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If you receive treatment for non-SC conditions, you will be responsible for medication co-pays. They will bill your insurance for non-SC treatment too. Being 30%, I'm not sure if they will charge an office visit co-pay or not, but others here know more than me about that. Other folks here know more about that than I do, so they will probably be able to help out.

• HadIt.com Elder

Found this....

Veterans who have one or more service-connected disabilities as determined by the VA are eligible for medical care through the VA health care system. If you are interested in obtaining VA medical care, you may contact your nearest VA health care facility or the VA Health Revenue Center at 1-877-222-8387.

Yes, and quite correct.

And, like I said, wait until she has another flare-up and take her to the VA Medical Center Emergency Room, thereby establishing that she does, in fact, suffer from Allergic Rhinitis to a greater degree than the 0% that she is already service-connected for, making sure that you return to the VAMC in a couple of weeks and retrieve the ER visit medical records (go to the medical records/FOIA window and tell them what you want and they will print it out for you whilst you wait......takes 2 minutes and 19 seconds.....I timed it). And, make doubly sure that you follow up with any appointments made for her in relation to this disability...........and, file a NOD (notice of disagreement) concerning the 0%, requesting an increase in her percentage of disability due to the "new" evidence resulting from her ER visit.