VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When you file your taxes, at the end of the year, they will ask you, when you fill out your 1040, if you have any income from Social Security, if so, you will enter the amount and then there will be the sound of under-lubricated, grinding gears, lights will flash, smoke will appear along with a kinda burnt-toast smell, and out will pop a figure that you owe.

Trust me on this!

Thank you Larry, that is funny but worth the laugh

so the real answer is that my monthly checks will not be taxed, but will pay some at the end of the year

This is what I understand

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Larry, that is funny but worth the laugh

so the real answer is that my monthly checks will not be taxed, but will pay some at the end of the year

This is what I understand

yup

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry is correct. Come tax time ther eis a formula attached to the 1040 form. It combines yours and the misses taxable incomes and figures your SSDI tax which is taxable if the income is 30K without the SSDI. Only a percentage is taxable, 85 percent I believe. Dont forget to deduct any attorneys fees. My Tax Man didnt and it cost me 3 grand. ( Temporary of course).

J

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have other taxable income, this can be done. It's not mandatory.SSDI can be partially taxable, as can be SSI if taxable income is high enough. VA compensation is not taxable, and is not a factor.

I understood, that they took Taxes out of your SSDI

What is the facts about this

Thank you

• HadIt.com Elder

You forgot to mention the source of the "burnt toast smell" and the "gear noise". Unless you are using an old electromechanical calculator, the smell and noise originates from your head!

When you file your taxes, at the end of the year, they will ask you, when you fill out your 1040, if you have any income from Social Security, if so, you will enter the amount and then there will be the sound of under-lubricated, grinding gears, lights will flash, smoke will appear along with a kinda burnt-toast smell, and out will pop a figure that you owe.

Trust me on this!