VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knee Replacement

Rate this question

meggi

Question

Good day fellow Vets. I am an 80% disabled veteran. One of my injuries is a knee that was shattered and never the same. The ortho doctor wants to do a knee replacement. I just would like to know, when they do this knee replacement will they lower my disability? I also heard that after surgery, your disability is temporally increased for a year. Is this also true?

Thank you for your help.

Tom

SS-566

meggi@rochester.rr.com

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Good day fellow Vets. I am an 80% disabled veteran. One of my injuries is a knee that was shattered and never the same. The ortho doctor wants to do a knee replacement. I just would like to know, when they do this knee replacement will they lower my disability? I also heard that after surgery, your disability is temporally increased for a year. Is this also true?

Thank you for your help.

Tom

SS-566

meggi@rochester.rr.com

My neighbor had a knee replacement and he was rated 100% during the recovery period. After that I believe he returned to his previous rating. But as we all know every situation is different with the VA.

Guest DON20906

After the surgery you may be given a temporary total (100%) disability rating for UP TO a year, usually three months at a time, for at least as long as your are immobilized and depending on your recovery and complications. Once you have stabilized, you probably will be called in for a C&P exam and it's quite possible, but not certain, you will be reduced because the rating schedule is based on loss of range of motion, lateral instability and pain.

Don

"Will the Last American Out of Aspen Hill, Maryland Please Bring the Flag?"

My neighbor had a knee replacement and he was rated 100% during the recovery period. After that I believe he returned to his previous rating. But as we all know every situation is different with the VA.