VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Would Like Some Opinions

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I don't want to act greedy here or anything but I was granted 100P&T and the VA asked me a question if I wanted to claim my anemia and my acid reflux. What are some opinions on that.

I also was denied for my heart condition back in 03 in my first claim for DM2 and PN. I have a claim in for a EED and they mentioned that also and said they were wanting for the new law or rules to be finished.

Finally and last I have worn a hearing aid since 83 (in my left ear, right ear is deaf) and was denied by VA way back then. I reopened this in 2005 and it was denied to reopen. I have an appeal in with the BVA that is still at the RO waiting certification to the BVA.

What would you all do???

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

If I were you I would claim the GERD,(if it is due to VA prescribed NSIADS tell them that and it should be awarded), and the anemia, and also remind them that:

"I also was denied for my heart condition back in 03 in my first claim for DM2 and PN. I have a claim in for a EED and they mentioned that also and said they were wanting for the new law or rules to be finished."

If they do award for ischemic heart disease under the new regs, then the date of the original claim they denied for heart disease should be-in most cases- due to Nehmer Court Order-the date of the original denied claim.

We never know what will cause our death.This is why I always stress autopsies. They dont hurt a bit.

An autopsy could reveal what was a minor SC condition as a condition that contributed to death.The spouse of a deceased vet only has t prove that a SC condition "contributed to death" if it didnt directly cause it.

But stillhere-you are still well among the living!!!!

Your heart disease could perhaps even set you up at some point for Special Monthly Compensation if you have one SC rated at 100% and a separate condition © rated at least at 60%)

You are not being greedy at all.

Diabetes from AO alone can cause multiple serious complications.