VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Response From Voc Rehab In Mail

Rate this question

Michellee

Question

Well white evelope came in the mail stating that they received my application for Voc Rehab and employment benefits. But I applied for ILP. The letter goes on to state that a VA staff member will conduct an orientation to Chap 31 services for which I must attend. I cant even bring myself to fill out this long 4 page paperwork they sent me. I just have to much anxiety and my head is all fogged up. It says I should plan for the meeting to last 6 HOURS. You have got to be kidding me. I could physically last in nobody's chair for 6 hours. Is bad as I want the ILP I cant take all of this. Says I have to watch a video and do some vocational testing. Geeze Luise.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I did the voc rehab thing about 2 years ago at the advice of one of my VA doctors. I believe it's all tied together and they make everyone see the same video and take a mini-iq test and occupational testing. If you get to see the video I saw, it had a guy who used voc rehab and opened his own barber shop. The voc rehab counselor said that was very unrealistic, which made me wonder why it was there to start with. Don't try to tackle the questionnaires all at once. Grab a page and chew on it for a while, then go onto another when you are ready. Be sure to take breaks too!

• HadIt.com Elder

They make you go through the whole thing before they will consider ILP.

WENT THROUGH this before I got to bad but my counselors were useless! After doing all the tests and having the home invation thing I went off on my counselor because she get telling me I was old and kept asking "how can we help you"? You are 60 years old and by the time you get out of school you will retire! Theb she said it again and I blew up and she had me excorted out because I lost it. Next thing I knew I got a call from VA to come in for a MH exam. DXed me with PTSD and gave me 50% and sent me on my way to the Vet center.

I would like to go back and get into the ILP program and see if they well bring up my quality of life not sure though if they will see me.

If I were you Michelle I would go through the hoops for them but I would make sure they understand you can't work with your axiety and see where it goes.

Good Luck and pleaase let us know how you do!

Ok Stillhere and Pete going to try but 6 HOURS and I swear my axiety is getting worse. Not ready to share about that but it is. I was diagnosed with MDD and PTSD only rated for the MDD and medicated for depression I dont think I get anything for anxiety and dont need another pill anyways just need to crawl under a rock right now. I'm sorry bad day and I cant seem to get enough focus to finsih one dam page of this book they sent me to fill out.

I will keep you posted and I feel like crap.