VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C& P For Emotional Health

Rate this question

verk

Question

I was really scared and anxious leading up to this day. I tried keeping busy and went for a couple of runs to clear my head. On the day of the exam I was really feeling sickly. Just nerves.. The examiner was a female and friendly. "Deep breathe"... First question dealing with my condition and the tears flowed. Great I thought. But the questions got easier even though the memories never do. So I basically cried and answered. With my conditions I feel like a total basket head, thoughts of suicide yes (it's nice being asleep and not thinking about anything), thoughts of harming others (repeatedly) (yes, scared to death I would hurt my children or even someone driving down the road). I feel and felt awful! It is the hardest to tell what you feel because inside my head I feel worthless to even think about the thoughts and ashamed for having them. It was a difficult time to go back and forth and how the condition began to where it is now. Because there seems to always be residuals with it. Some days are better than others, some it is constant. After the interview with questions about how it affected my job, my family support, my parents etc... it was over. She tells me that QTC will put together the package with my other physical issues and submit it to the VA. She said it is her job to evaluate me and I my emotional status is basically what I have claimed to have. I should hear from the VA in a few weeks. (:/)

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats it is all downhill now should have an answer in 2 to 4 months maybe sooner.

Yeah... I guess I will see. I keep thinking about the shouldas and wouldas I 'should have said this', 'why didn't I mention that', 'could have said this' etc... I think i was just not prepared... she asked me at the end "Is there anything else that She hasn't mentioned that I want the VA to know"... I actually drew a blank. gawd I think I mentioned just my support group is non existent or something along those lines.... *eye roll*

Who performed your an exam? Was it a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist, or at least a doctor? I have been told by the VA that C and P exams for mental health disorders must be done by a clin psych or psychiatrist. I have one coming up soon and do not want it done by the same anti-veteran physicians assistant who did my last 3 for another illness and denied me. So can someone please assure me that a P.A. cannot do these types of exams?

I saw a psychologist. It went alright I guess. Just review your issues before hand and what you want to say. I was bombarded with emotions and in the end should have mentioned things I had neglected to say.