VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Yesterday

Rate this question

batman101

Question

1st post ever, hello to all. Hope some of you can help to put me at ease. My Psyc Doc kept interjecting her psyc solutions to my problems. I didn't think that I was there to hear solutions to my problems, but rather for her to document what my problems are. I explained how I don't like to be around people, how I have so much built up anger toward Arab people and basically humanity in general, lack of trust issues and many other typical PTSD symptoms and all I would get from her is how I needed to change how I see things etc.

WTF. I now I need to change, I don't particularly like who I've become, but I am who I am now and I hold the military responsible for whom I've become. I mentioned to her that I hate the military for ruining my life and she said, " the military didn't ruin your life, you ruined your life." So, I threw right back at her and said, " yeah, you're right, I ruined my life by joining the

military - What a bi...h. A little background: I was with the 101st in Desert Storm, Infantry. I have the Stressor and plenty of symptoms with PTSD letter from my pr\ivate PSCY Doc.

I've had Depression since getting out related to child custody issues. That child is now almost 18 and quite frankly I'm not depressed by that any longer. Now, PTSD had reared it's ugly head and this women Doc seemed to be pinning my current state on past life issues after the war. Fact is: I never had mental health issues prior to joining the military. Am I worrying about nothing. Shouldn't my claim be rather easy to rate. I have traits that place my in both the 50% and 70% catagories. I do hold down a full time job, only because I've been doing it for 18 yrs and I can do it in my sleep. What are my possibilities. Thanks in advance.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

.... What are my possibilities. Thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard, batman101...

Your limited post here is compelling. JMHO,...You should get a PTSD rating.

I agree with you regarding VA rating exam issues. I received my award letter (denial~LOL) about 90 days after the C&P exam.

Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes.