VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Remand Decision

Rate this question

coolbreeze

Question

I recently received 10% from the AMC on a Remand decision from the BVA.The award should have been 20%,because their was two or more major or minor joints involved.I sent the amc evidence that should have clarified this.They gave me back pay from November 2005,when I initially filed the claim.I have three more issues.On my second c& p the doctor said it was definitely service-connected on one issue as well as the first doctor said it was service connected on one of the issues.They said it was a very compelling case,but they said I was not on the master list,whatever that means on my ssoc.They denied the other issue,and the final issue I changed my claim at the traveling board they granted that,and i am still waiting for my initial c&p.The amc sent my case back to the bva,and I am on the dockett.The Judge seemed to be amicable to me at the traveling board,and on my remand decision.Chief Justice Roberts in a meeting with Mr. Yang interupted him,and said a"are you saying that 60% of the decisions from the bva are judged eroneously with no legal merit.Mr. Yang said Yes.72% of the decisions are overturned at the CVA.Between philadelphia and the amc the denials are really a joke.They are trying to wear me down.How long will it be until I get a decision from the bva?Should I hire a private attorney if the claims are denied and appeal to the cva? I served during Viet Nam,Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom I was with Special Operations.I didn't just fall off the turnip boat.Any help my brothers and sisters can give me will be deeply appreciated. coolbreeze

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Make sure that the BVA has all pertinent evidence.EVen if you have to re-send it all to the BVA.It sounds like the AMU overlooked some of your proative evidence.

I think the AMC makes plenty of errors but that statistic is overwhelming. Where did they get those figures?

"Should I hire a private attorney if the claims are denied and appeal to the cva? I served during Viet Nam,Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom I was with Special Operation" etc.

If you filed this claim after June 20, 2007 you can hire an attorney-but at this point best to wait for the BVA decision-in my opinion.

If you have to file at the CAVC, attorneys will most likely contact you.

Can you give us a link to the BVA remand and/or can you scan and post as an attachment -the recent decision as to their reasons and bases? (Cover any personal stuff)

"but they said I was not on the master list,whatever that means on my ssoc"

??? DO you mean there were issues you didnt formally claim? I rerally dont have a clue as to what the /master list/ could be.

It would help if we could see the SSOC and have a link the remand.It has probably been put at the BVA web site by now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome, I think it might be of some help for you to break down the issues. Please do not post personal information just the specific information pertaining to the claim. I have found since the VA will go after this issues by issue we need to do the same to them.