VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded 100% Ptsd, Question Regarding

Rate this question

s1chmoe

Question

I was just notified of my increase from 70% to 100% PTSD, it did say that it is not PT and that a future exam will be scheduled. what is the usual timeframe for this (just wondering as I am about to move) and what kinds of benefits come from 100% but not permanent and total, I heard I could use the commisary....My psychologist gave me a letter with a GAF of 30, but in the rating, I guess the psychiatrist who did the c/P exam put it at 40 as that was what it stated in my decision papers. What should I do as far as continuing treatment, I am moving from CA to VA in Sept, then need to register there (I heard the WV medical center is better than the Roanoke medical center. I need to request my c-files and all my medical files according to my current psychologist/therapist because although everything in san diego is all on the computers between medical centers, it won't be on the computers in VA or WV and I should have those records before I move. Thoughts, advice? thank you very much.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats 100% still pays the same just less benefits.

I think that John was right if you can secure a Doc or if you get SSD you can probably appeal and get P&T

when I got 70% PTSD in 2004, my time frame for a review was 6 years, and my psych at comp and pen said my prognosis was guarded, as far as getting better, but it was a possibility.

• Founder

When you move check out seeing a psychologist at the Veterans Center, it is in my opinion a much better experience than going to VAMC mental health. It is a much better environment though I am not sure if they all have psychologist's on staff.

But believe me it is worth checking out!

I just found out that my next evaluation is set for 2015, I thought that was a little long, but they waited 6 yrs to re-evaluate my 70% I had up til now. thanks for the skinny on the vet center, I will check it out when I get back to VA.