VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clarification On Fee Basis Care?

Rate this question

Cruinthe

Question

I have been requesting a CT colonoscope from my VA doctor for about 9 months now. I finally had to go to a real non-VA doctor for a consult, and my VA doctor relented and gave me the CT. Sure enough, I have diverticulitis, but I suspect more is wrong with me because I have significant pain in my lower abdominal area.

Also, I have been requesting to see an endocrinologist for at least a year, my VA doctor simply refuses to authorize the consult. Self monitoring of my blood sugar tends to indicate I have at the very least Impaired Glucose Tolerance, and perhaps full blown diabetes.

At this point, I fear for my life at the hands of the penny-pinching VA. I will be going to my senators office on Monday to file a request for full, 100% Fee Basis care paid for by the VA. I plan to clarify to the senators office that in light of the recent sterilization problems the VA is having lately, and my personal history with the VA (e.g. Fox News) I should have full Fee Basis care. The VA is quite obviously not doing its job here.

I would appreciate any input, and I will keep everyone informed of my progress.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cruinthe,

No nuts - nothing with seeds you swallow - like tomatoes

Correct, no nuts or seeds of any type (don't make the mistake of trying to fool yourself into thinking that that handful of peanuts, if chewed LONG ENOUGH, will be alright, 'cause you'd be ALL WRONG.).

No pop-corn, sesame-seed buns of any kind, candy with any type of nuts, some breads that claim "7-Grains""Eleven Grains""Whole-Grains", tomatoes, okra, poppy-seeded breads/pastry.........etc, etc.

I also find that "heavy" breads (bagels, etc.) have a tendency to "stop me up", and I have no idea if that is related to the diverticulitis or not (gosh, but, I LOVE BAGELS....).

• HadIt.com Elder

Dude you single handedly wiped out all my favorite foods.

Tell ME about it!