VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Been Diagnoses With Ms?

retiredat44

Question

Anyone been diagnoses with MS? I have been going for some C&P exams, and while I was recently diagnosed with Dystrphy, I stil suspect I have MS, and am anxiously awaiting the outcome..

I would like to chat with those that have MS, or suspect they do..

thanx..

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here's a couple things I found out about diagnosing MS.

They look for certain bands in the spinal fluid sample. But 20% of all MS patients show normal spinal fluid samples.

They also look for scatered lesions in the white matter with at least one lesion in the corpus callosum in your MRI.

Have they performed an MRI on you?

Check out this link for MS symptoms you may have.

Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms

http://www.mult-scle...mssymptoms.html

Allan

My VA Neurologist kept doing/taking tests,,(he also has bene subsribing me proponolo and Cloneazepam) and calling in his superiors to checks me... then, last week they did a new brain MRI to check to see if that will tell them more of what i suffer from....

so, hopefully, later this coming week the Brain MRI will show if it is MS..) in about 1981 I had an MRI of the brain for trmeors, headaches, and ote rproblems on active duty from chmicalc exposure. Over the last few years the doctors and nurses have noted al the neuro problems I suffer from, including periods of time where i am unable to care for myself because I lose ocntrol of muscles, arms, legs, hands, speech..

I had lost most of my ,uscles and weight becaus eof pancreas disease, and was even diagnosis with mytonic dystrophy when that was severe.. but the involuneteray movements and intestinal disease, balnce, gait, enuropathy numb limbs... swollen limbs.. and hte list goes forever... maybe the brain MRI wil help clear up what helse is wrong,,

then I can add the diagnosis to my current claims... (during or after the appeals.. I don't want the appeals to be stopped... only if thye can be added before they make new decsions..