VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Been Diagnoses With Ms?

retiredat44

Question

Anyone been diagnoses with MS? I have been going for some C&P exams, and while I was recently diagnosed with Dystrphy, I stil suspect I have MS, and am anxiously awaiting the outcome..

I would like to chat with those that have MS, or suspect they do..

thanx..

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Anyone been diagnoses with MS? I have been going for some C&P exams, and while I was recently diagnosed with Dystrphy, I stil suspect I have MS, and am anxiously awaiting the outcome..

I would like to chat with those that have MS, or suspect they do..

thanx..

I've been diagnosed with MS since 2001, we have a yahoo group for gulf war vets and other vets diagnosed with MS it is a yahoo group MSVETS. Lots of good advice on this group and how to get SC for MS.

Liz

I've been diagnosed with MS since 2001, we have a yahoo group for gulf war vets and other vets diagnosed with MS it is a yahoo group MSVETS. Lots of good advice on this group and how to get SC for MS.

Liz

I tried to find it and join:

Group Not Found

There is no group called msvet. Please make sure you typed the web address correctly. If you have done so, the group may no longer exist.

You may also search or browse for groups on the Yahoo! Groups Home Page.

==========

I found and joined :

MultipleSclerosis-MS

I am not sure if you meant this group?

Edited by retiredat44

I tried to find it and join:

Group Not Found

There is no group called msvet. Please make sure you typed the web address correctly. If you have done so, the group may no longer exist.

You may also search or browse for groups on the Yahoo! Groups Home Page.

==========

I found and joined :

MultipleSclerosis-MS

I am not sure if you meant this group?

this is the group

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MSVETS/

Thanx, I wil look into it :smile:

Edited by retiredat44

I continue to struggle with my neurological symptoms. I really truly think I have MS. The DX of Myotonic Dystrophy is just wrong IMHO. I have the symtoms of MS as far as al the studying I have done on al the information I have gone through..

I hope the C&P at least recognizes my neuro condition. But, I am not happy with getting the wrong diagnosis.

I looked at al the major neurological diseases.

My symptoms: tremors, shaking, pain, unbalanced, spasms, fatique, tiredness (exhaustion), neropathy, edema,

Intestinal disease, eye issues, spots in cornea (cataracts (one eye had surgery, other eye still has cataract), degenarative disc disease,

with no teeth (teeth were removed because intestinal disease destroyed them) my speech can have periods of time where speech can have problem, but usually when exhaustion sets in. Also, have been a chronic pain aptient for 20 years. Take morphine for constant body pain..

pain can be everywhere and overwhelimg. Also, I have migraine headaches often.

All this is documented..

Why can't they put the puzzle together..

Sometimes I feel they just refuse to give people the MS diagnosis.. why I don't know..

my VA disability claim 15 years ago was for headaches from the Jet-Fuel. I also claimed MS (Multiple Sclerosis) they gave me 50%. for headaches. But denied the MS.

:ph34r:

I was recently diagnosed with MS, after about 6-7 years looking for an answer. It is a very difficult disease to diagnose because it mimics so many other diseases. I am service connected and currently rated at 30% for MS (90% overall) I would suggest going to a "civilian" doctor if you have access/insurance. They may be able to hopefully properly diagnose.

Although it really, really sucks to have the disease, it is almost a relief to have an answer, and that it is not "all in your head". The VA definitely didn't diagnose me, and i don't think they would ever have, it was me having an excellent neurologist who diagnosed me and sent me for 2 second opinions. They gave un-refutable evidence. ( I think 30% is ridiculously low but I am working on that.)

MS IS a huge puzzle and as soon as you put one piece in the right spot, you find another empty one:) I hope you get the answer to your illness. The sooner you start therapy the better.

Tami