VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Site Now Shows Appeals Status

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

About Veterans' Appeals Status (Hide This)

Use this page to view information about appeals that you have submitted to the Board of Veterans' Appeals (BVA). You can check the status of a current appeal and view historical information about previous appeals dating back to 2000. You will also find links and resources to help you better understand the appeals process.

Tips for using this page:

• When viewing current and historical appeals, click Show More or Show Less to control how much information is displayed.
  • Click the Print-Friendly View link in the upper right to modify the page view for print. Use your browser's Print command to print the page.
  • To sort a column in descending or ascending order, click the column heading. If the column is currently in ascending order, clicking the heading will sort in descending order, and vice versa.
  • Note that each summary page includes contact information and, where appropriate, a mailing address for the BVA.
  • Note that the Appeals Status page includes a link to BVA FAQs.
    BVA Appeal Status
    Print-Friendly View
    • Your Location:
    • Main Screen

• Appeal Pending: You have initiated an appeal, but at this point your case is still with the local VA office that made the decision on your case. If you have questions about your appeal, please contact that office or your representative, if you have one.
      • Administrative Case Processing: After BVA receives your case, it is processed and stored in a secure location until it is assigned to a Veterans Law Judge (VLJ) based on your "docket number", which identifies your place in the line of cases to be decided by BVA.
      • With VSO:This indicates that your Veterans Service Organization (VSO) representative has your claims file for review.
      • With VLJ:This indicates that a Veterans Law Judge has your claims file and will take appropriate action on your appeal.
      • Pending Dispatch:This indicates that the Veterans Law Judge made a decision on your appeal, and that BVA will mail the decision to you soon.
      • Decision & Claims File Dispatch:This indicates that BVA mailed the decision to you (and your representative, if any) and transferred your case to another location.

Current Appeals

Our records show that you currently do not have an appeal at BVA. Contact your local VA office for information about the status of your case.

Historical Appeals

Our database reflects that you have no appeals that have been completed and previously decided by BVA since January 1, 2000. Contact your local VA office for information about prior cases.

Contact Information:

[*]For general questions about BVA appeals, contact the BVA Ombudsman at 202-461-8069.[*]Trouble viewing your BVA appeal status? Contact eBenefits Customer Support at 1-800-983-0937.[*]Corrections to information on your BVA Appeal Status? Contact the Veterans Information Office at 1-800-923-8387.

Glossary of Terms

Local VA Office Decision The decision by the local VA office on your claim(s). This local VA office is usually a Regional Office (RO), but it may also be a VA Medical Facility (VAMC) or National Cemetery Administration (NCA) office in some cases. The decision can allow or deny your claim(s). Notice of Disagreement (NOD) Your written statement of disagreement with the local VA office's decision on your claim(s). An NOD initiates your appeal. Statement of the Case (SOC) The detailed explanation provided by the local VA office about why it denied your claim(s). It discusses the evidence and the laws and regulations applicable to your case. Supplemental Statement(s) of the Case (SSOCs) An additional detailed explanation of the evidence and applicable laws and regulations provided by the local VA office if you submitted more evidence after you received the SOC. Substantive Appeal (Form 9) The VA form that you fill out and send to the local VA office to complete an appeal to BVA. Filing a Form 9 will move your case from the local VA office to BVA once the local VA office completes its processing and any outstanding actions on the appeal. Certification of Appeal The certification by the local VA office that it has transferred your case to BVA. This is generally the last action by the local VA office before sending the case to BVA. Disclaimers:

• Always maintain original records of all correspondence with VA: This website is designed for convenience purposes to provide you with information about the status of your case. However, please be advised that the most accurate information about your VA benefits comes from the correspondence that you receive directly from VA. Therefore, you should always maintain copies of all correspondence with VA for your personal files/records.
  • Do not disclose user name and password information: To further secure your privacy, do not disclose your user name or password to anyone. When you are finished using this website, it is recommended that you log out or you close your internet browser.
  • Understand the nature and limitations of the eBenefits website: The data reflected in the Historical BVA Appeals Table dates back only to 2000. Consult with your own personal records of correspondence from VA if you have a BVA appeal that was completed prior to 2000.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I went to the Audie Murphy VA Hospital and they told me that I would have to drive to Houston:(. I will try again, and ask for someone with a brain stem.:)

Papa

I tried to log on a few mths ago when it first came about and was advised older era vets need to go to their VARO to sign in/register/become official patrons of this site. Well 157 miles one way, I am not at all in a big hurry to travel that far and they are located in the Heart of the City...toooo much traffic...scarey.

I tried to log on a few mths ago when it first came about and was advised older era vets need to go to their VARO to sign in/register/become official patrons of this site. Well 157 miles one way, I am not at all in a big hurry to travel that far and they are located in the Heart of the City...toooo much traffic...scarey.

The way I got into Ebenefits was through myhealthevet website. I had already registered for myhealthevet on the internet. When I found out about Ebenefits I also checked on how to get registered for it and the VA's 1-800 did not know anything about it. So I got on the Ebenefits web site and checked to see how to get in through myhealthevet. The website has info on that and states that one has to get a DS logon. In order to get the DS logon I went to the Audie Murphy VA hospital here in town and went to the myhealthevet person located in the patient library who does the In Person Authentication (IPA). He ask for my ID and did the IPA and I waited a day before I could do a DS logon and registered for Ebenefits. It is a frustrating process but one that if want to have access just take your time to complete. Don't know where you can get an IPA where you are located but like I said I got mine at a VA hospital. I am also an older Vietnam Era vet and I came close to giving up, but like all of us here on hadit I did not give up. Hope this helps instead of confusing you because I am not good at giving instructions.Good luck.

68mustang

The way I got into Ebenefits was through myhealthevet website. I had already registered for myhealthevet on the internet. When I found out about Ebenefits I also checked on how to get registered for it and the VA's 1-800 did not know anything about it. So I got on the Ebenefits web site and checked to see how to get in through myhealthevet. The website has info on that and states that one has to get a DS logon. In order to get the DS logon I went to the Audie Murphy VA hospital here in town and went to the myhealthevet person located in the patient library who does the In Person Authentication (IPA). He ask for my ID and did the IPA and I waited a day before I could do a DS logon and registered for Ebenefits. It is a frustrating process but one that if want to have access just take your time to complete. Don't know where you can get an IPA where you are located but like I said I got mine at a VA hospital. I am also an older Vietnam Era vet and I came close to giving up, but like all of us here on hadit I did not give up. Hope this helps instead of confusing you because I am not good at giving instructions.Good luck.

68mustang

I went and signed up at the VA a week ago,, I can get on myhealth va site, but the other websites all have messages and erros, and saying they are currently in maintenance,, what a clusterF###

ARP Maintenance

My HealtheVet DS Logon Account Registration Portal (ARP) is under maintenance

The application you selected is currently unavailable because it is undergoing maintenance. Please try again in a few days.

Toll-Free eBenefits Customer Support: Call 1-800-983-0937 for eBenefits toll-free customer support. A live customer support representative will assist you Monday-Friday, 7am to 7pm CST.

Edited by retiredat44