VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Oook Got A Deposit From Ssa Today

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I GO INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT AND FIND OUT THAT THERE WAS A DEPOST TODAY FROM THE US TREAS - SSA. THE DEPOSIT AMOUNT IS 0.00. NOW IMAGINE MY SUPERISE WHEN I SEE THE DEPOSIT BECAUSE I WAS NOT EXPECTING MONEY TIL NEXT MONTH. THE BAD THING IS THE AMOUNT. DID THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE. I MEAN TEASING ME LIKE THAT WITH THE WAY MY FINANCES ARE WAS SO CRUEL. LOL

BUT ON THE FLIP SIDE SHOWS PROGRESS. HOW LONG DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WILL BE FOR AN ACTUALL DEPOSIT.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I called the bank they said the deposit was definately zero you think they will make another deposit that soon. Theysaid they may be verifying the account. Did they do that to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I called the bank they said the deposit was definately zero you think they will make another deposit that soon. Theysaid they may be verifying the account. Did they do that to you.

Yes, it is quite ordinary for folks that request a "direct deposit" to have a "fake" deposit made first, by the depositor, before receiving the "real" thing. It is a security measure, to make sure that everything "works".

It actually means, for you, assurance that you WILL get a deposit when the real deposit is made. Do Not Ask your next question. :rolleyes:

well I called them and of course i am not getting a check this month. I am not gonna see money til next month she said around the 8th is what they have. my ssdi is in payment status but my ssi is not yet. so still waiting for money. lol at least i got a count down going on now.

said i should get an award letter anytime.

I think that is terrible.. They can find out the legality of an account without taunting with one! I can only imagine how very disappointed you were. But your win is something to give thanks for, and the benefits will follow...someday /soon I hope. Hang in there. Others are pulling for you. Have you ever tried to email SSA, or better yet go by the nearest office and see if they can look it up to be more accurate instead of second guessing.?

• Founder

I have seen this also. As LarryJ said it's a security measure to make sure everything is working correctly. Hang In August 8th is coming! I know it feels like forever, but hold on.