VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seizures Can Come Decades After Serious Brain Injuries

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can have injuries to frontal lobes of the brain that control emotion and impulse control. This can be invisible even to a CT scan. Head injuries can cause all sorts of problems down the line with behavior. The VA has misunderstood these factors in their favor for decades. I don't think this problem has been studied as it should have been after Vietnam. The tools were there but the will was lacking. Longitudinal studies of those with TBI could have been done to see outcomes. Is this even being done today by VA. Look at the vet 20 years after head injury and compare to those without these injuries.

My seizures started on active duty, the same week as my third concussion.

Gosh - I can just imagine the hell VBA would have put me thru if my

seizures had not started until years after discharge -

they would more likely than not have denied them as non-SC'd.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie

Imagine if you were discharged before seizures and had a car wreck or something. The VA would have had twenty C&P doctors swear the seizures were all due to the wreck. I wonder how often such things happen? I think that many, many vets are owed money for such things but due to circumstances get zip. I had history of in-service psychiatric care. If I did not I would have waited 40 years to get SC'ed.

You can have injuries to frontal lobes of the brain that control emotion and impulse control. This can be invisible even to a CT scan. Head injuries can cause all sorts of problems down the line with behavior. The VA has misunderstood these factors in their favor for decades. I don't think this problem has been studied as it should have been after Vietnam. The tools were there but the will was lacking. Longitudinal studies of those with TBI could have been done to see outcomes. Is this even being done today by VA. Look at the vet 20 years after head injury and compare to those without these injuries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a Jeep Accident in 83 and I banged my Head which left Abrasions and I just had a CT Scan done and they found nothing,but are you saying just because they did not see a problem on the CT Scan does not mean that there isn't a problem?