VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Student Loan Dismissal

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

What percentage do you have to have 1005 p&t to get it disabeled right. and its just va or is it for ssa disability also. I dont want to send it in too soon. want to send with the right award letter.

• HadIt.com Elder

What percentage do you have to have 1005 p&t to get it disabeled right. and its just va or is it for ssa disability also. I dont want to send it in too soon. want to send with the right award letter.

Oh, it's for anyone that is permanently and totally disabled. Only thing different for a veteran is that all you SUPPOSEDLY have to do is fill out the top and bottom portion of the form (you don't have to have a doctor fill out the part whereby the doctor states that you are permanently and totally disabled). You just send in the letter from your VARO stating that you are 100% P&T, instead of the doctor's portion of the form.

If you have problems with your lender or with the Federal Dept of ED just call the FEderal Dept of ED Obudsman they are so helpful and will walk the form through for you and will even advocate for you to your lender if they are not handling your paper work correctly. Mine went through on first submission by using the Obudsman system. Her name was Greshen. Anyway try them if you have any problems its pretty straight forward. No Docs are needed you just send your VA award letter Copy proving you are 100% P & T, great info on IFAP website too. Mine was approved in Jan 2010 took about 4 months.