VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

On Tdiu-Just Got Employment Questionnaire

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I started receiving TDIU about two years ago. Now 65, on Social Security(intially social security disabled at age 64).Just got Employment Questionnaire from VA.I was self employed before getting TDIU .I have picked up a little work the past two years,VERY limited,part time,odd jobs on my own.I might have made @ 6000$ doing odd jobs for cash.(1) Is it normal to have a questionnaire sent after @ two years time from getting TDIU.Has this happened to any of you?(2) My understanding is that it is ok to do VERY limited work,as long as the $ earned is very limited and below a certain level.Need some reassurance.I am a little paranoid.It was so difficult getting TDIU and took so long.I am severely disabled,really worse off now than I initially was.Thanks from those who have been down this road.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Nothing unusual.

Just MAKE SURE to get it filled out and back into their hands (standard proviso when dealing with the VA: return receipt requested, or, better than that, FedEx the form back to them....even the VA can't argue with FedEx as to whether they received it or not........).

Which brings to my mind this question:

Why haven't you requested P&T?

Just fill out a Form 21-4138, Statement In Support Of Claim, and simply ask them, in simple English, if they would be so kind as to rate you Permanent & Total due to the worsening of your disability.

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think you have to worry. Did you pay SSA or file IRS Forms on the money you earned or was it just off the books?

Nothing unusual.

Just MAKE SURE to get it filled out and back into their hands (standard proviso when dealing with the VA: return receipt requested, or, better than that, FedEx the form back to them....even the VA can't argue with FedEx as to whether they received it or not........).

Which brings to my mind this question:

Why haven't you requested P&T?

Just fill out a Form 21-4138, Statement In Support Of Claim, and simply ask them, in simple English, if they would be so kind as to rate you Permanent & Total due to the worsening of your disability.

LarryJ-thanks-I have been remiss in not doing so.I learn something new every day.

Guest terrysturgis

They don't ask for them, but every year I copy my W-2's and attach it to the form as evidence of pay. As long as your wages are below the Federal Poverty Guidelines you should be OK. As LJ says, return reciept or Fed X for proof of mailing. Terry