VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exams For Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

OK, I just got two appointment letters saying that I have two C & P exams both for sleep apnea, 1st is a physical exam and the 2nd is a mental health exam. I am really confused, I have already had two VA sleep studies that show I have sleep apnea and I was issued a C PAP machine by VA and I have a VA neurologist that diagnosed me with sleep apnea and I still have to get a C & P exam. What a waste of time, even if the C & P doctors disagree I already have two test and two VA doctors that says my condition is related to my military service. Now I have to force myself to get out of bed to go to these two appointments in the next two weeks for what, for them to tell me yes you do have sleep apnea and it is related to your service, dang if VA had any sense and just read all the evidence I sent them but no, I have to play this game and force my fat but out of bed and go to my appointments.

Has anyone else had to have two separate appointments for getting sleep apnea service connected as secondary to depression?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

OK, I just got two appointment letters saying that I have two C & P exams both for sleep apnea, 1st is a physical exam and the 2nd is a mental health exam. I am really confused, I have already had two VA sleep studies that show I have sleep apnea and I was issued a C PAP machine by VA and I have a VA neurologist that diagnosed me with sleep apnea and I still have to get a C & P exam. What a waste of time, even if the C & P doctors disagree I already have two test and two VA doctors that says my condition is related to my military service. Now I have to force myself to get out of bed to go to these two appointments in the next two weeks for what, for them to tell me yes you do have sleep apnea and it is related to your service, dang if VA had any sense and just read all the evidence I sent them but no, I have to play this game and force my fat but out of bed and go to my appointments.

Has anyone else had to have two separate appointments for getting sleep apnea service connected as secondary to depression?

Wow! Wonder what that C&P consists of? I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and been given the CPAP by the VAMC as well. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Wow! Wonder what that C&P consists of? I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and been given the CPAP by the VAMC as well. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Since I filed a claim for sleep apnea secondary to my service connected depression, VA is trying to say that there is no relations between the two conditions. VA is saying that depression is a mental condition and sleep apnea is a respiratory condition but failed to review my records to find out that I have both insomnia and sleep apnea and my doctors has already stated that my depression is caused by my physical condition and my sleep disorder because that is how I was awarded service connected for depression but these are the games we have to play.

I can only think they want to make sure I have a medical doctor that says I have sleep apnea when I already have a neurologist that says I have it then I have to get a psych to say that it relates to my depression.

Edited by pacmanx1

I'm very interested in how things turn out for you Pete; since I'll be submitting a claim soon to connect my sleep apnea secondary to psych meds. I gained 70 pounds on abilify and was diagnosed with sleep apnea back in November. Please keep us posted, and good luck.

/doc

Just went for a C&P today and 1 of my claims is sleep apnea. They can basically just ask you questions about. Not much else they can really do. Your sleep study test is what proves it.