VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champva

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I was just recently granted P&T, and was wondering does CHAMPVA provide dental as well as medical for spouses and dependents?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was just recently granted P&T, and was wondering does CHAMPVA provide dental as well as medical for spouses and dependents?

When I was granted P&T, I asked the same question and quickly found out that there is NO dental for dependents! We looked into getting Delta Dental, but they want 1 YEAR with them before they start covering dental costs! 90 dollars a month is what they want to charge my family!

We are still debating it, but as of right now, I just shelled out 4k for my wife teeth not more than 3 weeks ago.

Good Luck!

B6

• HadIt.com Elder

Dental is one aspect of health care that should get top priority, bad teeth can lead to some severe effects in your body including death. Talk to a heart doctor and he will tell you, there is a direct effect on the health of you teeth and gums to the health of your heart.

Dental should be looked upon as preventive medicine.