VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Using Lodging On Military Base

Rate this question

babyray

Question

I am 100% & P&T, Can I stay at one of the lodging at one the military bases? If so how can I?

Thx

babyray

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oh, and you can get a publication, at the PX, that will list all the bases, throughout the world, where you are eligible, as a 100% disabled veteran, to stay. (some bases will not allow DV's, according to standing orders or the facility's ability to accomodate the veteran (space available,etc.). But, MOST (I'd say 90%) do welcome the veterans. And, most have very nice accomodations. I really like the Navy Lodges........just like a really first class motel like a Holiday Inn, and they run, like $35 a night or a little more and that is the total price, no taxes, etc. (federal property, doncha know).

There is one facility that I'd like to try out, and that's the lodging on the Big Island, in Hawaii. A DARN-SITE cheaper than the local hotels!

Larry, those prices at the lodge in Hawaii, is that a night or week? My wife & I would love to go there also.

Thanks,

David

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry, those prices at the lodge in Hawaii, is that a night or week? My wife & I would love to go there also.

Thanks,

David

David, I don't know what prices you are looking at. The $35 price that I was talking about is for, say, like the Naval Air Station in Ft. Worth, or the Naval Air Station in Pensacola. I do NOT know what the prices are for the hotel (not a Navy Lodge) in Hawaii, but, if I remember correctly it is still a very nice price and a nice facility. The Wife and I stayed there last year and it seems, at that time, that it was like $65 a night. Which still beats the heck out of the other hotels nearby, starting at around $129 a night. One thing I like about the military accomodations, they are clean, and you do NOT have to even THINK about SECURITY! You can park your Harley out front and wake up the next morning and, HEY, look, my Harley is STILL THERE!

not that I own a Harley or anything like that................ :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

For the last five years I have virtually lived on military bases. I spend my time moving around between boat harbors, RV camprounds and base hotels.

We did have two boats get stolen in the last year. Nobody remembers any boats being stolen in 20 years. Last week a drunk sailor climbed a razor wire protected gate to the boat docks and came off the base and took a boat for a "joy ride". The docks have eight cameras. The entire "crime" was recorded. He even tried to return the boat. Either he forgot where he started from or ran out of gas. The camera showed him talking to one of the boat owners as the boat owner was leaving the docks. That is how we know the sailor was drunk. The boat owner said the guy smelled like a brewery. Point being, don't leave the key in your Harley.

• HadIt.com Elder

For the last five years I have virtually lived on military bases. I spend my time moving around between boat harbors, RV camprounds and base hotels.

We did have two boats get stolen in the last year. Nobody remembers any boats being stolen in 20 years. Last week a drunk sailor climbed a razor wire protected gate to the boat docks and came off the base and took a boat for a "joy ride". The docks have eight cameras. The entire "crime" was recorded. He even tried to return the boat. Either he forgot where he started from or ran out of gas. The camera showed him talking to one of the boat owners as the boat owner was leaving the docks. That is how we know the sailor was drunk. The boat owner said the guy smelled like a brewery. Point being, don't leave the key in your Harley.

DUH! :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

Just a little Harley story, and I don't mean to "hi-jack" the thread:

So, about 10 years ago, I've got my Harley parked in the garage, and the Wife and I are gone grocery shopping. The Son is still in High School and he and a buddy of his are up in his room supposedly "workin' on an algebra assignment", right? WRONG!

We get the grocerys bought and come home and pull up in the driveway and I hit the garage door opener only to be greeted by my Son attempting to get this 1,200 lb. MONSTER CYCLE off of this 5'6", 145lb buddy of his..................I just walked on by them and into the house THREE times carrying our grocerys in. The Son says, after my 3rd trip having to step around this HUGE scooter with this kid trapped underneath "DAD, aren't YOU gonna help get the HARLEY OFF FRANKIE?"

"FRANKLY, SON, FRANKIE GOT THAT WAY and he can get uncovered the best way that he can!" Poor little Frankie........................I called his Dad and told him to come over and un-earth Frankie.

Pissed everybody off, especially when I sent the gas tank repair bill to Big Frankie (never liked men that ended their names in (ie) anyway, just something not very "manly" about that....). Little Frankie walked kinda funny for a month or so.............So did my Son, after I finished with him..............!

• HadIt.com Elder

"Boy, I can always do away with you and make another one just like you! Don't push it!"