VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Home Loans

Rate this question

DeeCee

Question

Does anyone know if you get discount on VA home loans for your Disability Rating? I brought last home two years ago while in military, got a Rating of 80% in May and thinking about moving back home to Ohio what are my options

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does anyone know if you get discount on VA home loans for your Disability Rating? I brought last home two years ago while in military, got a Rating of 80% in May and thinking about moving back home to Ohio what are my options

x

x

x

I believe you will have the "funding fee" waived for SC over 50%. There are several on-line direct lenders for VA Loans. Suggest you give them a call.

Be careful of the one advertised on this site for 3.7 % . I clicked on it and filled out the info. and got hammered with phone calls and e-mails within just a few mins. I don't trust anyone that is just sitting around like a shark waiting for you too hit the wrong button, and then a big spiel about how bad your currant bank or credit union is. Then wasn't interested when I told him I was a disabled veteran.

Thanks,

David

• HadIt.com Elder

Stick with local banks or big banks when doing a VA home loan. The funding fee is waived so mortgage brokers don't want to deal with you as there are several other restrictions that are in place and that leaves little room for brokers to make money on your loan.

A VA home loan for DAV's is the best deal out there. I think the VA has a list of some kind of banks and CU's that do VA home loans,you need to check the VA home loan website.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you do a loan go with a broker that does VA Loans. I know in Dallas that Rodney Anderson insists on Veterans going with a VA loan. It will save you a lot of money but takes a little longer to close.

Good Luck

Having a VA Loan is the main reason I still have my house that I bought 39 years ago. They also inspect the home and make sure it is up to snuff and if the seller is asking to much you will find out also.

Rodney Andersen

Edited by Pete53
Add Link