VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Went To Va To Pick Up Copies Of Cand P

Rate this question

matt

Question

So had a C and P for PTSD and Feet back on June 24th. Called and asked if I could pick up copies of the c and p, they said sure. I went to the Va where the C and P's were conducted. I was told that I could not have a copy for the PTSD, until the Dr released it. I was like huhhhh? Didn't make any sense. But ehy did give me the one for the feet so here it is:

Physical Exam:

Patient can wiggle his toes without pain. There is no foot edema. Gait is normal. He has mild bilateral heel calluses. Peripheral pulses are grade 2+. he doe snot have hammertoes. he has mild flatfoot, both weight bearing and non weightbearing, bilaterally. Achilles tendon are mobile and nontender to palpation. he has a mild amount of midfoot malalignment and no forefoot malalignment. This is true bilaterally. He has 10 degrees of hallux vargus bilaterally. He is tender to palpation under his heels bilterally and mid arch bilaterally and under the 4th metarsal on the left.

impression:

bilateral planter fasciitis

bilateral pes planus

X-rays show left foot pes planus hammer toes and posterior continual spur, right foot shows pes planus posterior calcaneal spur and possible old trauma to the lateral malleolus.

Opinion: I have been asked for an opinion if the patient's current bilateral pes planus is at least likely as likely as not a continuation of problems in the military.

the patient was seen for bilateral pes planus in 2001 and planter fasciitis is listed on is report of medical history dated 2005. the planter fasciitis is noted to be chronic. Given this, i would state that his current foot pain is most likely a continuation of the foot pain noted in the military.

So we shall see what comes of this..actaully i was happy that at least the VA can see that I do have feet problems....i would love to just start over with a new set of feet, but that isn't an option, but at least the examinier can see the problems I am having and x-rays don't lie.....

Matt

Matt

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Quick question, if they dont want to release a copy of my C &P exam will they send me a letter saying so. Last time I had to wait on authorization it didnt take this long. Since I have another appointment at the VA on monday I am going to go to ROI and request some addtional records.

Dies,

I think alot of the time it depends on the C&P doc signing off and saying it is okay to release. I don't think they have a time frame either ( or atleast held to one ) .I know i can get all of my other VA records,

right when i walk in except for mental heatlh, which needs to be signed off by the doc before release. I know your anxious about getting it to see what the 2 star had to say .

Sgt ( 3 stripes ) Sandman

Thank you to all that commented,

I as well am able to pull all other notes except Mental health, however my VSO, keeps all the records and he asked me to go puick them up...I just don't think it right to withhold specific documents. Actually, the PTSD is for an increase. the feet pes planus, was a new claim...i am wondering if they will low ball me with a 10% or award me what i think would be acceptable compensation for not being able to walk correctly and without pain for the rest of my life. trust me it isn't going away....but hopefully due to it being bilaterally they may jump me to 30% for it...but is pes planus, flat feet as well as the spurs all rated as one? or are they broken out for each....

Matt

Got the dreaded envelope in the mail. When I have time, I will type it out but here is the outcome:

right foot ples planus 10%

left foot ples planus 10%

bilateral factor 10%

PTSD increase from 50% denied

bilat knee problems -denied(again)

lumbar ddd -denied(again)

IU -denied

looking at NOD for the PTSD increase and shoul dhave submitted the knees and back secondary to the feet....but at least it's a step in the right direction 60% to 70%....however, i was hoping for a lot more for the feet as I am having trouble just walking....

Matt