VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Issues With Getting Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

dewtdoot

Question

IM 26 medically discharged navy seabee...ive applied for compensation for PTSD 3 times .. each time i get refused...... worked with 12 guys that I knew and never eally knew the rest of the people we worked for. and that time frame is whati feel to be causeing most of my issues ...im not sure who i can talk to ... I know it sounds cleche as i have tried explaining it and only about 10% ever take me seriously when i tell them before we were assinged as these guys pack mules we were sat in a room and signed a paper stating we would not talk about anything that is about to happen during this tour for the next 60 years...ok no issue i can jsut get buddy statements right .. out of 12 3 have died in combat... 1 suicides... a motorcycle crash.... and a drug overdose and everyone else has drifted apart.... i cant find any of the remaining 5 .... to make matters worse the VA seems to think that me being in the navy ( seabee) ment i was on a ship and that my combat action was just "given to me " and they cannot ration my hand injuries or my back injuries ( it took two tries and our battalion doc ( he wasnt on the e xpedition that causes so many problems) the va refuses to acknowledge my statements ( even a private doc stating i am suffering from severe depression, and " other serious signs of PTSD. and has prescribed me xanex.. the fact that i had a drug and alcohol counselor stating " i feel ________ is using alcohol to hide from his emotional and physical pain i recomend he seek further phsyciatric evaluations for the possibility of PTSD. i have asked the VA to tell me who i can talk to to ind out what i can talk about and what i can't.. call it paranoia but im afraid somehow im going to say something to a shrink and it will get back and ill get into trouble. I'm truly lost. .it still controls my life almost as bad as my back pain ( narrowing of the spinal colum my back tried to heal itself) Im grumpy agitated moody flighty emotional. it makes working with others hard.ijust want to know what to do to get the VA to help me.. I am sorry about the longwinded-ness but any help would be appreciated

respectfully,

mike

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit

You listed a few things that may have caused PTSD. Has a Doc figured out how you got it?

My recommendation is to take care of yourself first. Try a Vet Center they have them in most of the major cities.

I am not a Doc but you need a strong diagnosis linked to your service.

Good Luck

dewt,

Can you scan and/or post exactly what is stated in the Evidence and Reasons and Bases Section

of the Rating Decision that denied your claim issues.

Omit personal information like name SSA or Claim number, address, etc...

hey all, once again im nervous about what i can and cant say.. didnt really do anything but i still signed that stupid piece of paper .. call it mistrust of the govt system.... as far as my latest findings paperwork i will get it up later on tomorrow when i get home ... it is an excellent point i have failed to look at that portion of it.

thanks,

mike