VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lowballed?

Rate this question

ejw4856

Question

Good morning all and again thanks for being here.To refresh I received a rating of 30% for ptsd and i think that was wrong,here is why:

Diagnosis:Axis1 ptsd,other diagnosis is Major Depressive Order.the multiple axis1 diagnosis are related and the second diagnosis does represent a progression of the primary because the ptsd caused a later onset of major depressive disorder.each mental disorder can be delineated from each other.the ptsd is an anxiety disorder described as having flashbacks,intrusive thoughts,diffuiculty sleeping with nightmares,problems trusting people,difficulty with memory,being easily startled,avoiding activities,inability to remember importantaspects,intense physical reaction,sense of limited future,guilt,and difficulty trusting people.major depressive disorder is a mood disorder marked with depressed mood,generalized loss of intresst,low libido,insomnia,low energy,and having no social llife.

Axis11-defered

axis111-bilateral hearing loss and tennitus and copd

Axis1V-severe issues with occupational,personal relationships,psychosocial and social enviroments

AxisV-the Gaf score is 32

Answers to the Question from the VA:in referance to the question PTSD is diagnosed please state if IT IS LEAST LIKLY AS NOT RELATED TO THE CONFIRMED STRESSOR OF FAMILT PERISHING IN FIRE-tHE PTSD IS DIAGNOSED AND IS IS AS LEAST AS LIKELYAS RELATED TO THE CONFIRMED STRESSOR,AS WELL AS THE COMBAT HE ENDURED WHILE IN NAM.

the effects of ptsd symptoms on his employment and overall quality of life including not being able to handle the stress and other ptsd symptoms associated with work.he has interferance with daily life because he relys on oxygen 24/7.the above statement is supported by the following: difficulty in adapting to stressfulcircumstances(including work or work like settings and inability to establishe and maintain effectiverelationships.Based on the exam the clainent needs to seek followup treatment.he requires outpatient counselimg and medication. he does not appear to pose any threat of danger or injury to self or others.the prognosis for the psychiatric condition is poor.

hope this helps with what i asked in saying that i think it was wrong in giving me a 30% rating.thanks again i will await any answers.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

It sounds like your stressor for PTSD was never verified, but you got 30% anyway? I don't understand the VA's logic at all. You got benefit of doubt on your stressor I guess, but I never heard of that before. If you can't work due to NSC issues that won't help an IU claim. If your SSD conditions are service connected you should have been on IU for years. How did VA establish that you have service connected PTSD? What was your stressor? Combat status does not matter if you have verifiable stressor.

my stresser was that i lost my family in a tradgic fire while i was in Nam..It was the combat that was not verified but i thought anywhere anyone who was in Nam was in combat.But they did say that because of deaths and seeing some vietnamese children killed along a road.could not be verified.

• HadIt.com Elder

my stresser was that i lost my family in a tradgic fire while i was in Nam..It was the combat that was not verified but i thought anywhere anyone who was in Nam was in combat.But they did say that because of deaths and seeing some vietnamese children killed along a road.could not be verified.

Do you have a copy of your SMR's?.......also does your DD214 reflect any awards to show combat while in country?

Something just does not seem right here with the VA interpretation. It seems to me the rater, rated you for a mood disorder even though they acknowledge PTSD.