VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hr 4899 Passes House

Rate this question

SgtAFMOB

Question

HR 4899 passed the House on Tuesday the 27th with the Sen. Webb admendment and the funding for the three new AO presumptives intact. The War funding bill is supposed to be presented to the President for signature Tuesday the 2nd of August as the deadline for funding of the war expires on the 7th. In another forum I found the text of an interview in June with Tom Philpot interviewing Webb on the topic of the new presumptives http://www.moaa.org. The interview is something I had not read and illustrates Webbs position. It is worth it to read the article and the comments, and to draw your own conclusions. Webb comes across as if their was no Institute of Medicine evidence to support the presumptives. He also questions the boots on the ground justification for presumption for everyone who set foot in Vietnam. This will be his tact at the September 23rd Hearing before the Committee. Again not to get hopes up because it is understood this means alot to eligible Vets; there was a post by a person that has been on target regarding the process. The post indicated that the VA had a meeting scheduled with OMB next week and the rule would be going back to the VA shortly thereafter. I hope this is accurate, but at least we know the process is moving along. Hope this is helpful. Of note that the debate over the bill was on CSpan and Rep. Chet Edward, 17th Congressional District, Texas spoke up on behalf of the Agent Orange issue, hats off to him!!!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Thank you for this important update~!

looks like it is well on it's way now to being in acted but I still think it will be Dec. before any of us see anything.

What is your factual base for your December prediction?

What is your factual base for your December prediction?

looks like I answered you in the wrong thread. Here is the link to the gov site and the new law. Notice the date for final action 12/00/2010 that has not changed.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201004&RIN=2900-AN54