VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Most Difficult Part Of A Claim

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

The most difficult part of a claim:

proving what happens when no one else sees it happen.

Example,

I have severe muscle spams where my feet (mostly my feet, toes, but also hands and fingers) they twist and turn by themselves and contort badly, with sever epain, this can go on for up to around 20 minutes..

I have also gone through periods of craying and weeping like a baby,, for no reason out fo the blue.. this mostly happened in the hospital, I think some nurses saw it happen several times..

Crippling pain where I just fall, I lose al muschle control and just fall...

I forgot to add severe diarreah.. only way they can see it is if you lose a loot of weight, or for some reason it shows anemia.. which it usually doesn't show in blood tests... you suffer in sielnce..

I have many weird and crazy things happen,, I really don't think they believe me..

all the years of the pain and suffering, when I fiannly had a huge syst grown on my pancreas they finally took my complaints serious..

The neurolgoist looke dlike he thought I was lying, until mky body went spastic and I fell several times when he told me to walk around on my heels, toes, and also when he had me do those arm and hand outreach exercises..

they really think you are lying unless they see something..

blood tests do not always show disease.. sometimes the chemical levels just don't fall or raise to the levels showing the diseases..

It's not our fault these diseases play these games and screw us..

:angry::wacko::blink:

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its very frustrating and some of your symptoms indicate that your physical is causing severe depression. You should talk to the Docs about that.

Find a Doc who is willing to look at you diagnose your current condition and offer an opinion if service is what started it. Its hard to find a good Doc but they are out there.

Its very frustrating and some of your symptoms indicate that your physical is causing severe depression. You should talk to the Docs about that.

Find a Doc who is willing to look at you diagnose your current condition and offer an opinion if service is what started it. Its hard to find a good Doc but they are out there.

I meant this in general for all of us... everyone who has problems that don't always show symptoms outwardly, on cue, in front of others.. and don't show up in blood tests..

my doctors are well aweware of all this... again, it was for all of us

Edited by retiredat44

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry retired44 my concentration is not good today and I am a bit wobbly

• HadIt.com Elder

It is like having chronic pain that does not meet so-called "objective" criteria. Pain is subjective sensation, but I have had doctors say to me that my back looks good to them so why am I complaining about pain. If the doctor knows you have any sort of emotional illness then you are really DOA. They will tell you in so many words that it is all in your head. Just take an aspirin and call me next year.

• HadIt.com Elder

John, I agree with that when I had my stroke in 1992 I had a series of TIAs in Feb and March of 1992 when I had a stroke that affected me in April 1992 it was blamed on "stress" and they didn't do any MRIs I was told it was in my "head" I hurt my back and had surgery in Feb 1992 when I went for physical therapy the nurse that was doing it noticed my left side was the strongest which she stated was very unusual considering that I was right handed and she said that should be my strong side she asked me if I ever had a stroke so I told her about early 1992 she wrote a note to my nuerologist he ordered and MRI and then he found the 2 1/2 inch scar in my occipital and parietal lobes that MRI proved it was all in my "head" literally I told my ex father in law if they really wanted to scan my "brain" they were scanning 3 feet in the wrong organ rofl

Edited by Testvet