VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C And P Exam

Rate this question

Donna

Question

Will a Vet that has documented DX of IHD over a period of 18 years and now has a ICD implant be called in for a C&P exam? The exam is to establish Mets and EF factor. The Vet would not have a defibrillator if his heart was in good shape. Just wanting to know how all this works?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Lets see here,I am a nurse practicioner with the VA, I can't put him on a treadmill, I will do a chemical stress test to determine his Mets and EF factor. Whoa, the tests look good. Denied claim....uh oh, the man has a defibrillator implant because a cardiologist specialzing in the "electric" part of the heart determined he is in iminent danger of a cardiac arrest due to arrythmia caused by multiple MI and CAD, firm diagnosis of IHD. Oh well, Claim denied, after all we are the VA. (Our worst nightmare)

You have about as much trust for the VA and their sub contractor QTC as I do and for good reason. I for one think you will prevail without a new C%P and based on his medical file.

Of course I am not a rater but that is my thoughts on your husband.

I have private cardio doc and try and stay as far away as possible from being treated for that at the VA.