VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Results On C&p Test

Rate this question

VNVetwife

Question

My husband checked on getting his C&P test results when he seen the doctor at his local VA outpatient clinic,for check-up,,,,,the doctor looked it up and said the walking stress test said no results ,,,but echo showed 45 ,,,whatever that means. The doctor said he was going to send him back to VAMC for a chemical stress test but he hasn't received an appointment yet ,,it's been about 3 weeks since then .What we are wondering if he doesn't get the test done by the time they start paying out on the compensation,,how will they rate it ??Will they just rate on the echo test alone or not ?? Why didn't C&P or VARO send a letter telling him that they didn't get a result on the stress test ? They did'nt do anything but have him, just walk on treadmill when they done the test ,they didn't put no IV in. that they usually do on a walking stress test ,then addminister the chemical about halfway through the test ,,he thought this was unusual,because he has had the test before and it was done that way,, not the way they done this one.Now we are wondering whats going to take place now , will they just rate on one thing or will they have both?? Any information is appreciated. Thank You ..........This may have been posted once ,,I forget it takes a little while to see it ,,but I'm going to go ahead and post this one too ,,,, {just in case.}

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

My husband checked on getting his C&P test results when he seen the doctor at his local VA outpatient clinic,for check-up,,,,,the doctor looked it up and said the walking stress test said no results ,,,but echo showed 45 ,,,whatever that means. The doctor said he was going to send him back to VAMC for a chemical stress test but he hasn't received an appointment yet ,,it's been about 3 weeks since then .What we are wondering if he doesn't get the test done by the time they start paying out on the compensation,,how will they rate it ??Will they just rate on the echo test alone or not ?? Why didn't C&P or VARO send a letter telling him that they didn't get a result on the stress test ? They did'nt do anything but have him, just walk on treadmill when they done the test ,they didn't put no IV in. that they usually do on a walking stress test ,then addminister the chemical about halfway through the test ,,he thought this was unusual,because he has had the test before and it was done that way,, not the way they done this one.Now we are wondering whats going to take place now , will they just rate on one thing or will they have both?? Any information is appreciated. Thank You ..........This may have been posted once ,,I forget it takes a little while to see it ,,but I'm going to go ahead and post this one too ,,,, {just in case.}

I just went through this myself. My walking test was not completed so I had a chemical test about 3 weeks later. Call the 800# and check to see if they got the doctors instructions to schedule a non exercise stress test.

When doing a straight walking stress test there is no chemical added. It is one of the most worthless test I have had done. OH and the cheapest.

When you have a walking stress test with chemical added for a echo cardiogram that is when they take pictures of your heart before and after with the injection being made while you are walking. That is a better test but also cost more.

When I had my chemical non exercise test they take pictures before you get the chemical to stimulate the heart and then after. This is an OK test but still might miss things.

The true gold standard test is the cath where they send a camera up into your heart and shows on the screen blockages and stents can be inserted in problems found. This is an angio plasty test.

Hope this helps you understand the test better. I am not a doctor but I have been having all these kinds of test since 2001

I just went through this myself. My walking test was not completed so I had a chemical test about 3 weeks later. Call the 800# and check to see if they got the doctors instructions to schedule a non exercise stress test.

When doing a straight walking stress test there is no chemical added. It is one of the most worthless test I have had done. OH and the cheapest.

When you have a walking stress test with chemical added for a echo cardiogram that is when they take pictures of your heart before and after with the injection being made while you are walking. That is a better test but also cost more.

When I had my chemical non exercise test they take pictures before you get the chemical to stimulate the heart and then after. This is an OK test but still might miss things.

The true gold standard test is the cath where they send a camera up into your heart and shows on the screen blockages and stents can be inserted in problems found. This is an angio plasty test.

Hope this helps you understand the test better. I am not a doctor but I have been having all these kinds of test since 2001

Thank You for reply. My husband has taken these test before too ,and thought this way was odd the way they did this one ........Can you gine me the 800# ?........... Again ,thanks for replying.

The number to call is 1-800-827-1000 and then follow the messages to get to the one you want. This is a call center but they are able to pull his info up on their screen and or get a message to your RO for you.

The number to call is 1-800-827-1000 and then follow the messages to get to the one you want. This is a call center but they are able to pull his info up on their screen and or get a message to your RO for you.

Thank you for reply ,, I forgot to put this in post ,, VARO has records from his private doctor also,, We sent those in after they sent for all info .,after he filed for IHD in Jan,2010 ........ Also he had heart attack in 2005 ,, developed DMII in 2006 ,filed for that ,we sent all records in then too ,they approved him for DMII, but said not on heart ,because it was first ,not secondary to DMII. ,,,Do you think they might rate on ECHO and private records ? Also he applied for SSDI in 2006,after doctors took him out of work, and was approved for that too .Should we have sent a copy of that approval too????

• HadIt.com Elder

what you really need is a doctor to write an IMO that shows that your husbands heart attack is related to his diabetes it is disingenous to say that since he had his heart attack first that it can't be secondary to DMII if his arteries were already getting messed up and his DMII was diagnosed shortly after his cardiac problems them most doctors can show the nexus that his diabetes had already started before the heart attack and it just was not caught earlier he was probably a walking time bomb as early as 2002 or 2004 and in 2005 he went off then shortly after that they discovered his DMII none of these things just show up overnight like alight switch was turned on they develop slowly

I had a stroke and triple bypass long before I was diagnosed with PTSD yet I was still able to get my CAD and hypertension rated secondary to my SC PTSD I had a stroke in April 1992 triple bypass in Feb 1997 7 heart attacks 2 stents in Oct 2002 the VA did a heart cath that showed a ejection fraction less than 30% and no surgical options and SSD was approved in 4 months VA SC my PTSD in May 2005 effective when I filed my PTSD claim in Dec 2003 in April 2009 a BVA Judge granted my CAD and hypertension secondary to my PTSD with the same effective date Dec 2003 I had filed my CAD and hypertension claim in Dec 2002 but they said since I had not filed a PTSD claim in 2002 they could not grant a secondary condition before the original condition had been granted.....

I think you have more options to fight if you can get a good IMO.......

what you really need is a doctor to write an IMO that shows that your husbands heart attack is related to his diabetes it is disingenous to say that since he had his heart attack first that it can't be secondary to DMII if his arteries were already getting messed up and his DMII was diagnosed shortly after his cardiac problems them most doctors can show the nexus that his diabetes had already started before the heart attack and it just was not caught earlier he was probably a walking time bomb as early as 2002 or 2004 and in 2005 he went off then shortly after that they discovered his DMII none of these things just show up overnight like alight switch was turned on they develop slowly

I had a stroke and triple bypass long before I was diagnosed with PTSD yet I was still able to get my CAD and hypertension rated secondary to my SC PTSD I had a stroke in April 1992 triple bypass in Feb 1997 7 heart attacks 2 stents in Oct 2002 the VA did a heart cath that showed a ejection fraction less than 30% and no surgical options and SSD was approved in 4 months VA SC my PTSD in May 2005 effective when I filed my PTSD claim in Dec 2003 in April 2009 a BVA Judge granted my CAD and hypertension secondary to my PTSD with the same effective date Dec 2003 I had filed my CAD and hypertension claim in Dec 2002 but they said since I had not filed a PTSD claim in 2002 they could not grant a secondary condition before the original condition had been granted.....

I think you have more options to fight if you can get a good IMO.......

Thank You for reply to my post,, This is great information ,and we will seriously consider doing this,,,,,THank You Very Much