Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Nod Denial , Need Help !

SANDMAN
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

This is my denial for my Nod . Hopefully you can read the crossed out parts, i tried to lighten as best i could. My VSO highligthed them during our meeting and it shows blacked out when copying. I had a great c&p , so i thought and so did my Dr at VA and my VSO. Please ask any questions or post suggestions . We were going back to them for a 70 % rating

or higher and also asked for TDIU which was also denied . I will scan and post that decision soon. They contradict themselves on a few points . One being they show i was hospitalized, then a paragraph later they say they don't see it being severe enough that it has warranted a hospitalization. I could post my C & P but it is close to 20 pages.

Thanks for all your time and help !

Edited by SANDMAN

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Sandman,

I downloaded all three but I just got blank pages.

carlie

'One being they show i was hospitalized, then a paragraph later they say they don't see it being severe enough that it has warranted a hospitalization."

I feel the type of hospitalization you incurred will Not help your claim for increase at all. That is solely my opinion based on the way they described the hospitalization.

Two things pop out- I didn't see a forml denial statement for the TDIU claim- however I do see that they might well question whether you still are a co-owner of this business mentioned and what income you have generated from it ,for IRS purposes.

I dont know if the VA would consider it as a sheltered workshop situation or whether your annual income from the business can be proven as at or below the poverty level.Anyone who owes or co owns a business is not technically unemployed. Did yiou provide the VA with IRS info enough to show them this business is not making any money ?

Did they formally address the TDIU claim at all? maybe I missed that part.

The other thing I read is a biggie. They questioned the fact that your treatment records for PTSD are sporadic- or intermittent-forget how they put that.

The VA gives great weight to having current and ongoing PTSD treatment records.Even if a vet is medicated by VA for PTSD they still want the treatment for PTSD to be consistent.

If you have ongoing private PTSD treatment records they did not seem to be aware of them.

My opinion only-others will chime in

BERTA,

I have in my records from ROI for that time frame 20 appts for mental health at the VA . This new attachment was in response to there employment questions they sent me.

I copied them verbatim and sent it certified sig required . Which they got.

Keep the questions coming.

Thanks Sgt

Edited by SANDMAN

Carlie,

I just clicked on them and it worked. IDK sorry

SGT

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines