VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Denial , Need Help !

Rate this question

SANDMAN

Question

This is my denial for my Nod . Hopefully you can read the crossed out parts, i tried to lighten as best i could. My VSO highligthed them during our meeting and it shows blacked out when copying. I had a great c&p , so i thought and so did my Dr at VA and my VSO. Please ask any questions or post suggestions . We were going back to them for a 70 % rating

or higher and also asked for TDIU which was also denied . I will scan and post that decision soon. They contradict themselves on a few points . One being they show i was hospitalized, then a paragraph later they say they don't see it being severe enough that it has warranted a hospitalization. I could post my C & P but it is close to 20 pages.

Thanks for all your time and help !

Edited by SANDMAN

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

'One being they show i was hospitalized, then a paragraph later they say they don't see it being severe enough that it has warranted a hospitalization."

I feel the type of hospitalization you incurred will Not help your claim for increase at all. That is solely my opinion based on the way they described the hospitalization.

Two things pop out- I didn't see a forml denial statement for the TDIU claim- however I do see that they might well question whether you still are a co-owner of this business mentioned and what income you have generated from it ,for IRS purposes.

I dont know if the VA would consider it as a sheltered workshop situation or whether your annual income from the business can be proven as at or below the poverty level.Anyone who owes or co owns a business is not technically unemployed. Did yiou provide the VA with IRS info enough to show them this business is not making any money ?

Did they formally address the TDIU claim at all? maybe I missed that part.

The other thing I read is a biggie. They questioned the fact that your treatment records for PTSD are sporadic- or intermittent-forget how they put that.

The VA gives great weight to having current and ongoing PTSD treatment records.Even if a vet is medicated by VA for PTSD they still want the treatment for PTSD to be consistent.

If you have ongoing private PTSD treatment records they did not seem to be aware of them.

My opinion only-others will chime in

BERTA,

I have in my records from ROI for that time frame 20 appts for mental health at the VA . This new attachment was in response to there employment questions they sent me.

I copied them verbatim and sent it certified sig required . Which they got.

Keep the questions coming.

Thanks Sgt

Edited by SANDMAN