VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting For The Exam

Rate this question

Arizona Garry

Question

Hey everyone,

Monday I got my letter from the regional office telling me that they have requested an exam date at the Phoenix VA Hospital, seems to be going smooth so far.

I also got a call from the RO rep to go over my package and to inquire if I had anything else to submit, he also suggested that I have a POA with one of the service organizations,

that made me wonder, why does it look bad for me. So what happens at the exam? what questions are asked and do they xray, just trying to get a picture here..

thanks for your time..

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Hey everyone,

Monday I got my letter from the regional office telling me that they have requested an exam date at the Phoenix VA Hospital, seems to be going smooth so far.

I also got a call from the RO rep to go over my package and to inquire if I had anything else to submit, he also suggested that I have a POA with one of the service organizations,

that made me wonder, why does it look bad for me. So what happens at the exam? what questions are asked and do they xray, just trying to get a picture here..

thanks for your time..

What type of exam did you have and where did you have it? Veteran service officers(representatives) are "suppose" to help veterans with filing their claims.

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey everyone,

thanks for your time..

What makes me wonder is why do you think that it "looks bad" for you?

What conditions are you claiming?

Still waiting on the actual exam date for foot surgery bilateal tunnel syndrom, herniated disk in lower back, was in traction, and loss of shoulder mobility these are all SC and in my med record.

I was curious why it was recomended to have a POA for this claim

There are many cases where having a POA can greatly help a veterans claim but there are a lot of cases where having a POA doesn't matter. The RO rep. could just be trying to suggest that it may help in your situation. Where and When did you have your exams?

There are many cases where having a POA can greatly help a veterans claim but there are a lot of cases where having a POA doesn't matter. The RO rep. could just be trying to suggest that it may help in your situation. Where and When did you have your exams?

I am waiting on an exam date, just don't know what to expect when I go in for exam